Friday, March 16, 2012

Scrap Our Stash "Green" Challenge

Hello everyone!!  This is the first time I have been on my home computer in almost 3 days!!  GASP!!! (random peaks at my Ipad don't really count do they?! lol)  I have been so sick and also my silly back is out of whack.  But today I am feeling a bit better on both fronts so here I am back in my office in front of my computer...lol   I guess I just can't stay away.  hahaha

I want to show you a Purse gift bag I made for the Scrap Our Stash Green Challenge this month.  (that "green" thing is sure going around isn't it? ha)


I started with an Anthony & Burt - My Heart Belongs To You stamp set from Crafter's Companion which I stamped out and colored with my yummy ridiculously reasonably priced Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers. See...Burt is green!!!! lol


After coloring the image I fussy cut those little rascals out and set them aside. Next I stamped out the sentiment and used my Cuttlebug and some dies to cut graduating ovals.


I want to show you how I made the "purse". First I started with a 12"x12" piece of pattern paper. I turned it over and marked my lines on the back of the paper. Most of the measurements are 2" so it is easy to remember. Start by marking a horizontal line halfway down the paper at 6". And another two horizontal lines 1 inch to either side of this line you have made at the middle of the paper. (these will be fold lines)


Next you will measure two inches in from each side and make two vertical lines.



To make those slanted lines you should measure from the outer horizontal lines 2 inches and then draw the line up into the corner where the vertical line and the horizontal line meet. Do this at all 4 corners around the page. (see the photo)



Next you will need to score all of these fold lines.


Now fold and adhere the sides. I added ribbon for the handles by punching a hole through the side of the bag and adding a brad through the bag and ribbon. Decorate your bag however you like. I edge punched card stock to finish off the top of the bag and then added the stamped image and the sentiment.


I really like how it turned out.  You really should go check out Scrap Our Stash and join in on this "Green" Challenge!! 
And since you are making a "green" project why don't you just kill two birds with one stone and pull our a Crafter's Companion Stamp to use on it.  That way you can enter it in the Going Green Challenge on the Crafter's Companion USA Challenge blog too!!  (challenge open to US Residents only)  (see I was only a little pushy today!! LOL)  
Remember you might win some of those yummy Spectrum Noir alcohol ink markers that are being giving away this month on the Crafter's Companion USA Challenge blog!!  Woot!  (okay enough from me!! ha)

Until next time...happy scrapping.

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Stacy! Sorry to hear about your back. I'm glad you're back blogging again and well. I too have been having a mojo strike and hadn't been feeling that well for almost a week now. But I can still manage. Nothing better than a good bed rest. We can do this and get back on our toes, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, that is such a cute purse. Love the way you made this one!! SOrry to hear you've not been well dear! So, do you like the Spectrum Noirs?? I know their dirt cheap, but I haven't coloured with the yet. How do they work for you? Have a great weekend, hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too adorable and great instructions!
    Hope you are back to 110% soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh feel so bad your not feeling great! Hopefully you can rest up during the weekend.
    This purse is adorable as can be-one of my favorite images from Anthony and Burt.
    Take care of yourself sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! Glad you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gift bag purse is soooooo awesome girl!!!!! Love your darling froggy too :) Hope you are getting lots of rest today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat bag, gotta love Burt! TFS and the tutorial! I hope you feel better soon. Take care and have a lovely day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've really been sick! Get better in a hurry, ok?

    I LOVE your project!! {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Stacy, Thanks for the tutorial I love your bag. You did a fantastic job. The lady bug punch I got it at Jo Ann's on line I have the border and the corner punch so you can punch around the page. I look for it at the stores and I could not find it so I had to order it.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete