Hello everyone! Here is a super fun and easy project I made using my new Ulti-Bags Embossing Board
. When it was first introduced recently, I immediately new that I had to order it. Shhhh don't tell my hubby!! lol
I love that it can easily be used in conjunction with my Ultimate Tool
or by itself if you aren't lucky enough to own an Ultimate Tool. And
it can be stored inside your Ultimate Tool for easy access.
Let's start with a photo of my finished project.
Isn't this the coolest thing? It was so fast and easy to make that I plan to make several of these in holiday colors and put goodies and gift cards inside to give at Christmas. But I get ahead of myself! lol Let's talk about how I made this one.
So first thing I did is I pulled out my Ultimate Tool and sat the board in between the pegs. Then I pulled out some card stock and trimmed it to easily fit on the board. You don't have to do this step but it does make embossing easier. Then I started embossing the shape of the bag I wanted to make. Easy. I didn't have any trouble but if you want you can use the awesome Crafter's Companion Spray and Slide Embossing Lubricant
on the back of your card stock. You just spray the back of your paper or card stock, let it dry for approximately 30 seconds and then start embossing. Your embossing tool will simply glide across the surface; giving you a smooth and consistent design.
If you will notice on the board, the bag template I used has two different shaped sides. I decided to use the scalloped side. I embossed that side and the bit in the middle and then just flipped the paper over and embossed the scallop shape on the other side too. (you can click on the photo above to see the board in closer detail)
After embossing the bag shape, I took out my scissors and cut just outside of the embossed line. Then I folded all the embossed lines in the middle.
Next I put a wet glue on the back of the tabs. You can use other adhesive if you want. I used the wet glue because it gave me time to reposition the tabs if I needed to do it.
Finally I folded the bag together, pulling up the side flaps and attaching them to the bag sides. Now all I needed to do was embellish! This board is so awesome! It is double sided with two bag templates and includes co-ordinated tags, banners, swirls and more. For my project embellishments, I decided to use the board for pretty much everything! lol I embossed out the shapes I used on the bag front in graduated sizes in complementary card stock. I also did the same thing with one of the banner shapes to use for the bag closure and I embossed the smallest tag shape to use for my sentiment.
To finish the project I just had a few things to do. I pulled out some bling from my stash and used a Spectrum Noir marker to custom color it to match. Then I added a sparkly green brad from my stash to the enclosure piece and I adhered some velcro for easy opening and closing. The last two things I did were to add a sweet little purple flower by the bling and to hang my sentiment to the bag handle with some ball chain.
And there you have it...my completed project! What do you think?? Like it??
Want to see something else I made? I decided to work on a Sketches4all tag challenge. The challenge is to use Metal. I started with a black tag base. I stamped and heat embossed a bird image onto it. Then I pulled out my new Tim Holtz Distress Stains in metallic colors -Tarnished Brass, Brushed Pewter and Antiqued Bronze and randomly rubbed them on the tag. Then I spritzed the tag with water. I let it dry. Next I pulled out my TH Distress ink pad in Peacock Feathers and starting on my craft sheet, rubbed the ink onto the tag with my ink tool.
I randomly stamped some stars on the tag and then added some more Distress Stain in Brushed Pewter. You can tell I really liked the silver and blue together. ha I pulled out some ribbon I have from Michaels that looks like flowers on a roll. It comes in white so I cut off one of the flowers and used that Distress Stain again to color it to match my project. I had some lace in my stash in turquoise that I felt worked perfectly so I cut a small piece of it and then I stapled it onto the tag while randomly folding it. (The staples are my "metal" bit) I adhered my flower on top and then with a Spectrum Noir marker, I colored some peel off border stickers that are edged in silver and used their triangle shapes as the "leaves" for my flower.
Finally to finish, I pulled ribbon from my stash for the top and to put along the bottom. For the top, I lightly brushed over my silver ribbon with my ink took that still had a bit of that Peacock Feathers ink on it. It was a little too silver and that toned it down and helped it go better with my tag. The last bit of turquoise ribbon looks like it was crocheted and works perfectly on the bottom of the tag.
Now to end. I want to share with you a little of the craziness I get when I try to get a "pretty smile" from my dd.
oops eyes are closed
well I guess one eye is open
oh I'm bored now so I will make a silly face
I finally smile and mom takes a blurry photo!!
Okay enough for today. Until next time...happy scrapping!