Monday, May 7, 2012

I'm a Lucky Mom

Sorry to have been MIA this past week.  Sometimes you just need a break.  And this week was my blog break week.  But a week away brings me back refreshed and ready to go so here is what I have to share with you today.  I made a layout for Sketches4all.  They are starting a Mother's Day Sketch Challenge today and here is my example layout. 

I used papers from Echo Park-For the Record and Little Yellow Bicycle-Elizabeth Park.  I pulled a white flower from my stash and sprayed the heck out of it with Tutti Fruiti Glimmer Mist.  I used my We R Memory Keepers Sew Ribbon-weave punch to sew ribbon on my project.  I pulled bling, a button, decorate pins, and the vellum quote from my stash.  I attached the vellum to card stock with some brads from my brad box.  There are all sorts of random things in that box!! LOL  I also used a Martha Stewart edge punch that I got from my mom the last she came to visit.

I decided to use a photo of me and my kids since I rarely ever scrap myself.  I do feel I am a Lucky Mom!!  Hope you like the layout.

We had a fun and busy weekend.  We started off Saturday at a lacrosse game like usual.  We lost but they had fun and played hard so all's good.  Only one more game!!  (I think)  As we were driving home from lacrosse the kids and I noticed a ton of garage sale signs.  So we rushed home, changed clothes and went back out to hunt for sales!! ha  We ended up with a lot of fun random stuff. 

In the middle of our hunt we stopped shopping to take my oldest daughter to a birthday party.  After that it was back home to prepare for my oldest son's 12th birthday party.  Lucky for me my hubby made his cake and decorated while I was gone!   Came home and wrapped presents and got dinner ready to go.  Went back to get dd from the birthday party.  We had dinner, cake and ice cream and then the birthday boy opened his presents. 

He specifically asked for a riding toy called a Green Machine.  I hadn't heard of it before but one of the neighbor kids has one and he LOVES it.  So I found one online and got it for him.  Here's a photo of his face when he saw it for the first time!!  He was very happy and excited.  Now I just have to put the thing together!! Oh dear....lol

Sunday I filled the birthday boy's request to go see The Avengers.  I took the 3 older kids and we went to see this movie.  It was great!  There were some really funny parts that still make me smile when I think of them.  I recommend you go see it!!  Going to the movie too most of the day.  We got home around 4:30pm. 

I was all set to scrap when I remembered that my dear daughter had a major school project due today!!!   And she hadn't even started it!!!  SOOOO she and I worked on her Famous Nevadan project for the rest of the evening.  It took until 8:30pm to finish it up but it was finally completed and turned out really well.  She has been practicing her speech to go with the board she made.  They are having a "wax museum" on Thursday where they will portray their famous Nevadan.   She is portraying a judge and we bought her a suit at the thrift store that I need to alter a bit to fit her.  Keep your eye out for photos from this event later this week.

Tomorrow the winner will be chosen for my weekly giveaway for Crafter's Companion of the Ultimate Tool.  I will post the winner on Wednesday, May 9th.  So check back to see if you've won.'

I will post a NEW GIVEAWAY tomorrow so come back and check it out!!  You will also want to visit the Crafter's Companion info and challenge blogs and all of our Design Team.  There are so many opportunities to win!!!  Don't miss out on any of them!!  (Giveaways are open to US Residents only)

Remember we are having a Flower challenge on the Crafter's Companion USA Challenge Blog this month.  There is a great prize and I am dying to see your projects!  (Challenge  is open to US residents only)

Okay, my 4 year old wants a snack so bye for now!!

6 comments:

  1. we all need time off once in a while ;)

    I love the For the Record collection! I don't even want to use it up, lol
    what a great LO. I like the tag behind the photo.

    Your son looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't see how you do everything you do!!!! I love the photo of your son! He does look excited!!!!! :-) Great layout--love the way you changed he look of the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew I am exhausted just reading your post- I can't believe I am saying this but I really miss the activity of children at home...
    Thanks for sharing your layout and wonderful family pictures.
    Glad you are coming back refreshed

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! You had a very busy weekend!!
    Glad you had a great time at your sons party and at the movie!! That green machine looks really fun!!!
    Your LO is really pretty!!
    I only created 3 projects at NSD, altered bag, one card and one tag.
    All of them were very simple & basic I didnt have anytime to do much more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I thought I'd had a busy weekend! Great pictures, thanks for sharing them.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a busy day!! Sounds like you had an awesome day!! Your family is aborable!! Love your scrap page and I love the The folded card for today(tuesday) also.Your oldest looks so happy with his gift... I can just see you putting that together. Have a great week, Hugs to all. love and great happiness to the entire family.

    ReplyDelete