Friday, August 30, 2013

Time for Summer

TGIF!  Who's ready for the weekend?  I'm super excited because it is a 3 day weekend for us and we have nothing planned.  I think those are the best kind because the possibilities are endless.  I'm hopeful that we will be getting in the pool this weekend and that I will get to scrap but other than that I am open to the possibilities.  What are your plans this weekend? 
 
 

I was able to make this end of school/beginning of summer layout (finally! ha) and I wanted to share it with you.   The photos are of my son from the last day of school with his teachers. 
 
I was inspired by a fun sketch challenge at Sketches4all.  I loved the sketch so I grabbed some papers from my stash and got busy.  I used the 6" X 6" Embossalicious Embossing Folder - Gun Metal from Crafter's Companion for one of the circles on my layout.  I embossed the paper with my eBosser and then sanded it until you could see the cool design really well.  Then I die cut a circle shape from it.
 
The flowers are some that I made for a mixed media wall hanging and had a few leftover.  They were stamped out with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink onto patterned paper using Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy EZMount Stamp Set - Always Floral.  I used two different sized flower stamps and then fussy cut them out and layered them. 
 
I love the butterfly embellie I made using the new Tsukineko Delicata ink - Golden Glitz and the butterfly stamp from Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic - Flying Colors stamp set.  I stamped the butterfly out onto my patterned paper and then fussy cut it out.  Then I used a pencil and rolled the wings over to give it some dimension.  Let me show you...
 
 
 
First I grabbed my supplies.

 
I inked up my stamp with the luscious Delicata!
 
 
I stamped onto my patterned paper.
 
 
Next I heat set the ink.  I was in too big of a hurry to wait for it to dry! ha
 
 
Then I fussy cut it out.
 
 
Here I am rolling the wings around my pencil to give them some dimension.
 
 

And here is what it looks like on my layout with some bling I custom colored, with my Spectrum Noir marker in CR7, added to the body.  Cool right?  It was easy to make and I think it add something a little extra special to the layout.  Thanks for stopping and looking today.  Enjoy your weekend!!

Until next time...happy scrapping!

Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment