Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Joy for the Holidays

Hey Peeps!

How's it going?  Are all you guys here in the US ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow?  I'm getting there...ha  Today I'm prepping food and doing some baking.  But I thought I would sneak away for a bit and share a card I made.


I made this card using my Embossalicious Let It Snow 6" x 6" embossing folder and some random cardstock from my stash.  It was a just a left over bit that I had still sitting out.  In fact all of the paper I used in this project were just scraps that I hadn't put away yet.  So this worked perfectly and I didn't have to put them away any more since I used them! ha

I went for pretty clean and simple.  I just cut the paper scraps into flag shapes and layered them on my embossed base card.  Then grabbed my Stamp It Australia Twinkle - Joy and Spirit stamp set and I using Memento Tuxedo Black ink stamped out my sentiment onto a scrap piece of Ultra Smooth Premium white cardstock.  Then I die cut it out.  I also die cut a circle from card stock to mat the sentiment on.

I finished up the card by custom coloring my clear bling with my Spectrum Noir CR5.

Oh by the way, have you seen that Crafter's Companion has a Spectrum Noir Alcohol Marker Trial pack for less than $4!!??  It comes with two markers and all the goodies and instructions you will need to complete a finished tag project.  So if you have been thinking of getting some of the Spectrum Noir markers and were just not sure, here is your chance to kind of "try them before you buy them".

Well there you have it, a quick and easy Christmas card that would be perfect for the November Christmas/Winter Challenge at Crafter's Companion.   And if you haven't already joined in on the this challenge at Crafter's Companion you still have a couple of days to participate.  So go get busy!! (smile)  Don't you want to win a nice gift certificate so you can go shopping?!

Thanks for stopping and looking today.  Until next time...happy scrapping!

Stacy H-W

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving girl! Have a wonderful time hanging out with the fam. Your holiday is simply beautiful. I love that you used some of your stash to create it.

    ReplyDelete