Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend Off




Hello!
Hope you didn't miss me too much this weekend. I took a little blog break. But I am back today with a new layout to show you.
The Sketch A Thon ends today at sketches4you. I already did all the sketches for the Sketch A Thon so I decided to do a layout and combine 3 new challenges at S4U.
The first challenge was by Brenda. Her challenge was to make this flower. She gave a link to her tutorial and challenged us to make the flower and incorporate it on a paper craft. It was fun and easy to make so you should go check out that tutorial and make some of your own. http://sketchesforyou.ning.com/group/brendaschallenges/forum/topics/brendas-challenge-for-october
The second challenge was by Christy S. Her challenge is to wrap string, yarn or embroidery floss around paper on your layout. I had some fun Halloween string and wrapped it around some paper on this layout. Easy challenge. Check it out!! http://sketchesforyou.ning.com/group/christysmonthlychallengespot/forum/topics/october-start-it-simple
And the last challenge was from Fia. It is a sketch challenge for the October Scrap Girl Of the Month (SGOTM). It is a super cute sketch and was a joy to use.
I used a Halloween picture of my son that I LOVE! He is looking so cool in the picture! I think he rocks a mohawk! lol I'm the one who told him to get one!! I know...I'm a crazy mom...
I picked out the costume because it was the day before Halloween and he still hadn't told me what he wanted to be dressed as. It was from the movie Blade and he is a vampire hunter. He LOVED it!! All the kids wanted to wear it. And have a million times since then! lol
Most of the stuff I used was from a kit from Making Memories that I got for super cheap at Scenic Route. The paper from the flower is from My Minds Eye Halloween Scary Sparkles paper pad.
After the busy month at S4U, I decided to take the weekend off. And I didn't hardly even go into my office/craft space this weekend. It didn't hurt that I have been feeling a little sick and didn't really feel like scrapping (or doing anything else for that matter). I'm feeling a bit better today.
Well, it is crazy here because we have movers packing and loading stuff for my husband to take to Minnesota. Until we sell our house, he will be commuting and he rented an apartment there for when he is in town working. So, he needs STUFF. His car left on a truck Friday. (luckily we have a "spare" car for him to drive here)
So he is getting all set up. We are interviewing another realtor today. We weren't sure we were sold on the other two who interviewed with us. So, another meet, greet, and show around this afternoon.
Busy day.
Hope your day is filled with good things!

9 comments:

  1. wow! great scrap! And amazing boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is one amazing layout,brilliant image just love it hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! YOu are one busy lady!!! I thought you rocked all 3 challenges! Best of luck with your transition. It' hard to have your family in two states!!! Best of luck on the sale of your house!
    virtual hugs are being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, gosh, I just saw how close you are to reaching 500 followers! Hope it happens soon for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Glad you enjoyed your weekend "off" from blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better. Best of luck with the whole Realtor - house thing. That's a hard decision, esp these days. Great layout and you're right your son rocks the Mohawk!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came over to visit because of the blog candy, but stayed for a look because I love your work. This page is wonderful. I know I will be back for the inspiration, no matter who wins the candy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great photo of your son to start with but your fantastic layout really enhances it. I love all the textures with the flower and string, great colour scheme too.

    ReplyDelete