Monday, March 7, 2011

Fun Contest at Crafter's Companion!!!























So today I am sad because my dear friend, Denise, went home...boooooo But it won't be that long before we can see each other again.



It was such a fun relaxing time. Sadly, we were so relaxed we took NO pictures!!! Well, Denise took a couple of our two little daughters "playing" guitar. They were super cute running in with guitars and pretending to play them so I told Denise to get her camera. Hopefully we will get to share them soon.



We did get to scrap some and watch movies and hang outside a bit.



I made this layout. I used a cool Sketchabilities sketch. I combined this sketch with a recipe challenge at Sketches4all that Jessica has going on right now.



It required:



5 flowers
ribbon/lace
pearls/bling
spring colors



I mostly used Echo Park -Springtime paper and stickers. I stitched with some embossing floss from my stash, I stapled on a bit of yellow ribbon (also from my stash). Added a button and some bling (also from my stash).



The pictures are of my sweet dd showing off her pre-school homework. She is learning to write her name.



Next. I used my paper scraps to made a Spring themed tag for Michelle's Tag Challenge at S4A. The challenge has a tag sketch to follow and the requirement of using something spring on it.



And to finish up I kept with my self challenge to make a card with my layout scraps. So here is a quick card I threw together with those great Echo Park scraps.



I'm so excited to be getting a goodie bag in the mail from Crafter's Companion this week (hopefully...finger's crossed!!) ha I'm dying to get to playing with the Ultimate Crafter's Companion Tool and some fun stamps!! I will be stalking the postman this week!! LOL



They also just posted a fun "Luck of the Irish" contest over there too so you should go check it out and try to win some of their awesome products for yourself!!



How was your weekend??

7 comments:

  1. Great lay-out! She is such a sweetie! Sounds like you had some fun! We had a slumber party this past weekend! A bunch of ten-year olds! It was fun, lots of food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely work you've shared here! It's weird but I can't place the paper--usually I pride myself on recognizing scrapbook paper! Anyway, I love it!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I know you named that it was Echo Park- Springtime, but I still should have known without your saying it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy, how are you doing sweetie!! Haven't been round for a while. Still busy busy busy, and I must admit I'm feeling as though I'm in the wrong place as far as my work's concerned. This week I have a holiday because all the schools are off on spring break but O'm dreading going back to work next week :(
    Anyhow, enough complaints, love your layout hun, great colours and I think I've told you before but your little girl is soooo adorable! Big hug for you and her, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is adorable. Sounds like you had a blast with Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that sketch and Lo!!
    You really rocked that sketch!!
    OMG! I can't wait to hear about all your goodies from CC and seeing what you create!!
    Looking forward to learning more about them and being inspired by your creations!!
    Have a great day!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch...beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete