Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Week is Zipping By








It's Wednesday!! I can't believe how fast this week is going.


I am leaving tomorrow evening to take my kids to Oklahoma for Spring Break. I haven't packed or gotten a thing ready yet!! ( all you robbers...beware.....there will still be people at my house! lol)


I have been too busy reading and scrapping. oh dear! lol I guess I should motivate.


But first I will do this post for you.


As I mentioned my dd had a cheer competition last Saturday and I took a ton of pictures so you are getting a second cheer layout.


I bought these two sheets of "cheer" paper a while ago and decided to use them on this layout and see what I could come up with. I used the Get Sketchy April 1st sketch by Fia at Sketches4all.


I fussy cut one of the pp sheets to do the blocking and to make the banners and embellies. I had the brads, ink and twine in my stash. It came together pretty quickly. She LOVES it!!




The Mini Card & Tag Contest is still going on at Sketches4all. There is a new challenge posted every day!! Please go check out my card challenge.


I made a card for my Cards and More Cards Challenge at Sketches4all. The challenge is to use a lovely Pagemaps sketch and to stamp and color an image on the card. You know you want to participate!! lol


I stamped these flowers and butterfly and colored them with my Copics. I pulled out some bakers twine I have in my stash. I used some gorgeous paper from My Minds Eye -Summer Song by Zoe Pearn. I just LOVE that paper pack. All the pages are so pretty. I also pulled some adorable butterfly brads from my stash and they just seemed perfect for this card.


This came together pretty easy too! I entered it into Erin's Butterfly challenge at Sketches4all too.


The next card is the one I made for my Mini Card & Tag Contest challenge project. My challenge is to use pastel pink, green and purple and a cute pagemaps sketch that I picked out. You should come see all the lovely cards made so far!


I used gorgeous Crate paper - Katlin Paper. YUM! I also used a Fiscars edge punch, some more bakers twine from my stash, stickles and ink.


See....I told you that I was a scrapping fool this last weekend!! I ended up making 3 layouts, 2 cards and a tag! And I started working on a shadow box too. And I read 2 books!! (random though. lol)


Don't forget to enter in the Crafter's Companion Blog Candy Giveaway. There is still time to enter. And a ton of prizes you could possibly win!


And go check out the Flower Challenge at Crafter's Companion Challenge blog. The prize is so fabulous!! It is a ton of Fairyopolis goodies!! And I can't rave about Fairyopolis enough!! Totally stunning stuff.


Okay, I'm off to get a ton of stuff done. Have a great day!


7 comments:

  1. I love love your wonderful projects....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, how are you doing hun?? Hope you are well. Me, still busy busy busy!! Love your LO card and envelope, you sure have been working!! HUgs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hello there, your little cheerleader is just gorgeous and that photo mounted on the background paper you chose makes this layout just pop. I love everything here dear friend and the card is just divine too, I have been so sluggish since getting back from holidays, but can feel myself getting back to my addictive self, I actually scrapped last night so this was all I needed to start my obsession again, another thing that inspires me is when I come here to your gorgeous bright blog, the colours in the design make me think of the next layout I am doing. I am exactly the same re: packing, sometimes I will do it the morning before I leave, hope you all have an amazing spring break....the kids here are all coming up to Easter Break which starts tomorrow. Nate loves it when all the big kids are on holidays. Love to you, safe trip and enjoy. MElxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Cheer layout is fantastic!!! I already told you I love the cards!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Stacy, you are a Queen of Challenge. lol! Fantastic LO and Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um....WOW!!!! That cheerleading layout is GORGEOUS!!! You outdid yourself! The cards are beautiful as well...but the layout just knocks my socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your lay-out! Such great papers and details!

    Great cards too! Have fun on break!

    ReplyDelete