Thursday, May 26, 2011

Howdy Partner it's Card Day





















Today I plan to thrill you with some cards that I have made. This morning I was reading some blogs and I stopped over at The Non-Review. You should check out his blog. It is more of a movie review site (sort of) but it is great. It is very fun to visit.


Well, TL has decided to inspire us with his idea of an adult coloring book! He posted a couple of images and challenged us to color them. You know that to a scrapper/card maker, "them's fight words"! LOL


So of course I had to print out one of the images and color it with my Copics and make a card. What do you think of the broom sheriff?? He's come to clean up this town! ha


I used some of the new Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 paper and sticker. And I added a little Stickles for sparkle. I hope he likes it!


Next I am sharing a card that I made during a recent Copics Class. I did most of the coloring in class and then brought it home and fussy cut out the flowers and layered them for dimension. I haven't posted it before this because I was deciding on a sentiment and couldn't put it all together without stamping the sentiment. I went with a simple Thank You because those are the kind of cards I use the most. I just love the purple with the yellows!


And finally I made this other Thank You So Very Much card this morning as an example for one of my Mix It Up Recipe Challenges at Sketches4all. The newest recipe is to use: metal, buttons, embossing and stamping. You should go over and participate in my challenge! I have a RAK for the winner.


I can't believe that my kids will be out of school for the summer by the this time next week!! Are you ready for summer???

10 comments:

  1. oh wow hun stunning set of makes,here the detail on them all is just amazing hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out. That is just killer! Really cool card. I also dig the flowers, it's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I love it!!! I can see Tim loves it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colouring love those flowers (so does evie my daughter) am popping over to check it all out! Hugs from heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards!!
    Love them both!!
    You are rockin the Copics!!
    They are fun to use!!
    TFS about the Websters!! I shared it on my blog so other could also hear about it who are not at S4A!
    Have a blessed Holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are gorgeous but I love the first how you used his caricature, gorgeous, wow I agree your copic colouring is just beautiful, I am saving so hard so I can come and visit, the kids can play and we can too. lol Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy partner is so cute and teh flower card is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, all the cards are so cute! Love the 'thank you so very much' card. It's so cool. I never thought of doing something like that with strips of paper. I'm so ready for summer (I'm a teacher and a student) ;) My blog is turning one this summer, come and enter my giveaway too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. In my complete excitement about your give-a-way I forgot to comment on these!

    Super cute Love the broom cowboy so cute! And love the butterfly on the flower!
    Greta idea to use the words, I have tons of pattern paper that I could use to make a card like this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely not ready for Summer! Your sheriff card is perfect! Love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete