Thursday, April 4, 2013

We Love Nana

Welcome!

Today I have a layout to share with you.  It is the layout I have made this week for the Colorful Creations So You Think You Can Scrap challenge #13.  I actually have two versions...because after I made it using the strict requirements of the challenge I didn't think it worked for me.  So I changed a couple of things (minor things) and I like it better.  Although the sun went behind a cloud so the photo is very good.

So, here is the challenge for this week:

You MUST use ALL of the following!

  1. Use only PURPLE papers (printed, card stock, or home made)
  2. All embellishments must be BLACK OR WHITE
  3. 2 Hand made flowers
  4. 2 Different Stamps (your flowers will not count)
  5. 2 Hearts
  6. 2 Different Ribbons
  7. Faux Stitching (hand drawn)
  8. Bling (clear bling will be accepted)
  9. Feathers
  10. Stay true to sketch (using a 12 x 12 OR 8.5 x 11 double page layout)



And here is the layout I made first:

 


 And here is the layout after I changed a couple of things:



Can you see the minor changes?  I moved the word, NANA.  (still not sure if I like it or not) I added two purple paper hearts to the title work.  And I added another stamped purple swirl from the Sheena  - A Little Bit Scenic - Flying Colors stamp set.  I have found myself using this set OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!  You need to go get this set for yourself!  Unfortunately it doesn't show up in the photos very well.  (maybe if you click on the photo to enlarge it it will show better)

I also used a sentiment from my Humphrey's Corner Collection - Easter Wishes stamp set.  It just worked for over my journaling.

Fingers crossed I make it to the next round. lol

My mom is still here visiting, my god daughter is coming today and staying the weekend with her husband and tonight my two older boys have a band concert.  (exactly at the same time that my god daughter's plane lands of course!)  So it's busy at my house!! 

If you stopped by to join in on the Sketches4all Spring Blog Hop and Scrap-A-Thon than click HERE to start hopping!! 

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet layout :) I bet Nana loves it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, girl!! It took me a minute to see what you changed, but I do like the second version a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete