Friday, May 9, 2014

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday!  I've been taking the Watercolor for Card Makers Class at Online Card Classes and it has been awesome so far!!  I've been practicing all the techniques (coming up with some hits and some misses.  lol)  but I haven't had time until now to make some of my successes into cards.  Here are a couple of cards that I was inspired by this class to make.


And here is another one:



These were fun to make.  And super simple too.  I just took one of my acrylic blocks and inked it up with Ranger Distress inks.  Then I spritzed the block with water.  Then turned it over onto a piece of watercolor paper.  I pressed down and held it for a little bit so that the paint could absorb into the paper.  '

After the paint dried I layered them with some card stock and adhered them each to a white card stock base card.  For the top card I stamped out my sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink.  For the next one I stamped out my sentiment with VersaMark ink, sprinkled on some opaque white embossing powder, and then heat set it.

I finished them both up with and random assortment of pearls, bling, sequins and skittles.  I'm entering them in the Watercolor challenge at Keep It Simple, and in the Spring Colors challenge at Fussy and Fancy and also in the Anything Goes Challenge #56 at Sister Act Card Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today and looking.  Be on the lookout for more cards made during my adventures taking the Watercolor for Card Makers class!!

Stacy

6 comments:

  1. those are really pretty--such a clever idea--i'm glad you shared....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I think even I can try that! Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colour blending in the second card is so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards -- the way you matted them really makes the pretty watercolors stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Underbara färger på ditt kort. Vackert och speciellt.Lycka till med din acvarellkurs. Tack för att du är med oss på Fussy and Fancy Spring Colours Shallenge
    H. Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing such fabulous cards, I love them and will be having a go with this technique. Thanks for entering the Fussy and Fancy challenge and good luck...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete