Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Faerie Poppets -Strawberry Patch

Who would like to get a look at the new Faerie Poppet's stamp collection just out from Crafter's Companion?   Well if you said yes, then you are in luck because I plan to show you a project I just made. 


 Here is a photo of my big and bold Faerie Poppet's project.
 
First I stamped out the FAERIE POPPETS - Strawberry Patch Faerie and my sentiment with Tuxedo Black Memento ink on to my Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock and colored her with my Spectrum Noir markers using HB1, CR2, CR4, CR6, CR7, CG1, CG2, CT1, IG1, BGR1 and BGR5.
 
For my base card I pulled out a piece of Luxury Centura Pearl 12" x 12" Printable Snow White Cardstock and a large piece of lace. I taped the lace to the front side of the paper. (shiny side). I love this paper! The shiny side is gorgeous all on it's own and a perfect addition to any project but it is also wonderful to just flip it over and use the non-shiny side for all of your multi-media projects. This paper is a perfect weight and holds up to paints, inks and other wet mediums.  


After the lace was taped down, I sprayed the non-shiny side with Purple Pansy Glimmer Mist.


Here is what it looked like dry after I took off the piece of lace. I took this paper and cut it to 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" and adhered it to my white card base.


I punched out the doily using my Martha Stewart Circle Edge Punch (stop back by tomorrow when I take you step by step through this awesome new product) and cut my colored image into a circle that fit perfectly in the center. Sequins are the "in thing" right now, so I grabbed some purple sequins and outlined the circle with them. This really makes the colored image pop. 


I trimmed my sentiment into a rectangle and used a decorative corner punch. I colored the sentiment with my IG1 and HB1 Spectrum Noir markers. I colored the stamped scroll work with my HB1 and CR6 Spectrum Noir markers. I added some purple sequins to the scroll work for some sparkle.


One thing that I love to do is buy my embellishments in clear or white and then custom color them with my Spectrum Noir markers to match my projects. This is what I did with my flowers. I deliberately went for bold purple highlights using my LV2 marker.


To put together the card, I layered the doily with the image onto my purple lace card base. I tied a red ribbon around the card and adhered my sentiment using double sided adhesive squares to pop it up off the card. To finish I added my brightly colored flowers on two sides of the colored faerie. And there you have it, a great big bold card for a special occasion.   These stamps are available at Crafter's Companion right now.
 
Don't forget we have a new Crafter's Companion "Masculine" Challenge going on now for May.  You could be the lucky winner of the $30 gift certificate to the Crafter's Companion store.  Think of all the goodies you could buy!!!

Thanks for stopping and looking today!!

Until next time...happy scrapping!

Stacy

3 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty. I love it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow this is an absolute stunner of a card Stacy, I love it! The Circle punch is fab will look out for that!
    Debbie x (UK CC DT!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Fairie Poppets! They are all on their way to me as we speak! I can't wait to get them! TFS!

    ReplyDelete