Thursday, March 21, 2013

One More Day!

One more day until Spring Break starts!  I'm counting down the minutes and I don't even go to school!!! LOL  

I wanted to share this weeks Colorful Creations - So You Think You Can Scrap #11 challenge project today.  Here are the requirements:

MUST USE EVERYTHING LISTED BELOW:
4 Photos (can be colored or b&w)
Black & White ONLY
Quilling
Masking
Paint
Swirls
6 Brads
Handwritten Journaling
Make your own layered 3d embellie
stay true to the sketch



I actually almost missed the part where I was supposed to do the whole double layout in Black and White!  When I first read the challenge I thought the photos needed to be in b/w.  Thank goodness I didn't get started on this the first couple of days after it was posted!  Especially since I bought some new papers and was dying to use them!  ha 

Well, I figured it out and I hopefully did it correctly.  Here is my take on the challenge:

 
I made that butterfly 3d embellie on the upper left side of the page by punching out two butterflies from glitter paper, gluing them together at the body and folding up the wings on the top butterfly.  I grabbed some green decorative pins from Maya Road and painted them black.  I trimmed off the extra straight pin part and used them for the butterfly's antenna.  I colored some clear bling with my black Spectrum Noir marker and glued them down on the body of the butterfly.
 

 
We were required to use quilling on the layout too.  I have never quilled but I did have some quilling stuff that I got for "free" with a scrap magazine that I used.  I watched a tutorial on YouTube on how to do basic quilling and then I went to town making a flower.  I think it turned out okay for a first try.

 
I tried to use a stencil and some paint as part of my title work but it ended up being a big mess so I just painted over it and changed my stenciling plan.  ha  Instead of paint, I used some Black Magic Glimmer Mist to stencil on the project.  That worked out much better.  And in addition to painting the ends of the decorative pins, I painted the chipboard alphas for my title too.  They started out being green and brown. 
 
For my swirl requirement I pulled out my Sheena Douglas A Little Bit Scenic - Flying Colors stamp set.  I stamped out the swirl stamp with my Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then added a few small punched butterflies.
 
I think it turned out okay.  How about you?
 
Here is a video of a couple of my kids dancing if you want to take a look.  They think they are hip hop dancers. 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Until next time...happy scrapping.
 
Stacy


3 comments:

  1. Your lay-out is super!! Wow nice job on your quilling! Love the black and white too.

    Jeez I just scrolled down and I am wondering what cave have I been living in these past few days?? How did I miss so much??

    I'm consumed with work, cleaning, running, kids, Husband, my dog and everything in between. I think my craft supplies have dust on them!
    Have fun on spring break, can't wait to see what you and Denise come up with! Look at you on You Tube!! Going to check out your videos!
    Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  2. School is out! Whoo Hoo! Your black and white layout turned out so well! I love that the photos are not black and white. Makes them really pop. This pic of Georgia might be my favorite. She's so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete