Friday, March 15, 2013

Round 11



I made it to Challenge 11 in the So You Think You Can Scrap Challenge over at Colorful Creations!  WOOT!  Go me! lol   This time we had to use a double layout sketch, Distressing, recycled embellie packaging, fussy cutting and only 3 patterned papers.  We are down to only 19 people left in the challenge and one bowed out today because part of Challenge 11 is to quill and she didn't want to quill.  I've never actually done quilling but I do have the stuff to try it.  I just have to find it!! EEK! ha

Here is this week's challenge:

MUST USE EVERYTHING LISTED BELOW:
4 Photos (can be colored or b&w)
Black & White ONLY
Quilling
Masking
Paint
Swirls
6 Brads
Handwritten Journaling
Make your own layered 3d embellie



The funny thing is that someone has already entered their project and the challenge was only posted a couple of hours ago!!!  GOOD GRIEF they are fast and unintimidated!! LOL 

The hardest part for me is finding 4 photos that are good that go together.  That is probably a testiment to my poor photography skills.  I can ususally get 1-2 good photos that work together but more that 2 is a stretch.  And these have to be in black and white. 

 

I finished up my layout from last week (the one above) last night with 30 minutes to spare! LOL  No stress or anything.  I'm not sure if I think it is finished yet though...it worked for the challenge but I might add a couple of things to it...what do you think?

My daughter is 2nd from the right.
 

Totally different subject...my daughter has been practicing for months on the musical - 101 Dalmations.  Opening night was last night and she did a fantastic job!!  I'm so happy for her.  She has a performance today at school for classmates and another one tonight and tomorrow night.  We are taking our whole family tonight.  Last night it was only me that was able to go because of the other kids being in other things. 

A cute thing was that my hubby and I left to run errands yesterday and while we were out we both bought her flowers.  So she had two bouquets.  Great minds and all of that...lol

We have guests coming this weekend and also lacrosse games in addition to the musical so it will be busy around here.  What are you weekend plans??  Planning to get scrappy??  Share...

Until next time...happy scrapping!

Stacy

4 comments:

  1. How cute! You go girl, keep on scrapin!

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, loved seeing Olivia's video! Thanks for posting it. She rocked it! Can't believe you finished your layout with only 30 min to spare. Talk about stress. Lol. Love the white writing along the photos. Maybe some chipboard elements or flowers along the top left or patterned paper on left side?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy, just love your layout. Don'tyour kids ever get a litte fed up of Mommy always wanting to take pictures LOL?? They look so adorable on the pictures, I'm sure the're used to you swinging your camera hehe!! And you must be so proud, I know I would always tear up when my kids would be performing. I'm such a softy LOL! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Love the photos they are adorable! Yippee for your super star! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete