Saturday, June 1, 2013

Quick and Easy

Sometimes I just love to make some quick and easy cards from stuff still sitting out on my scrap desk after I work on a "project".  Here are a few I recently made

 
 
I had pulled out that washi tape because I wanted to use some on a layout that I was working on but wasn't sure which one I wanted to use.  the bakers twine was also a left over from this same project.  I used the stamp on another card I made recently and it was still sitting on my desk too.  And I always have this big sheet of clear bling that I leave on my desk that my friend, Jose sent me from The Netherlands.  I love to customize it with my Spectrum Noir markers.


So I made one (the top one) and it went together so quick and easy that I decided to make another one. (smile)

 
And finally the last one I made was from a bit of "art" leftover from when I was playing around my Dylusions ink sprays.  I misted the backside (non-shiny side) of a piece of Luxury Centura Pearl cardstock with water.  Then I sprayed Pure Sunshine, Bubblegum Pink and Squeezed Orange Dylusions ink on top in a random pattern.  The water makes the inks start blending together in the most luscious manner! 
 
I played with my inks quite a bit so I had several of these bits of "art" just sitting and waiting to be made into a card or some other project.  And then this cute little bit of cardstock with balloons found it's way onto my scrap desk.  I'm really not sure where it came from but when I saw it I just thought it had the perfect colors to go with this "art" I had made. 
 
I trimmed and layered the "art" on top of a pre-cut cream cardstock base.  I added the topper at an angle for a bit of interest.  Then I pulled out my Copic Opaque White and using the end of a paint brush I made little dots around the edge of the card.  I really like how it turned out.  It is plain but pretty in person.
 
That's all for today.  Until next time...happy scrapping!
 
Stacy H-W

3 comments:

  1. Simple but very pretty. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Liefs, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are so pretty-love the colors--and banners are always a hit with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That third one is spectacular. I really dig the colors. The balloons are just perfectly lit up with your background.

    ReplyDelete