Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Scrap Our Stash June Guest Designer!!

Welcome to June and to my blog today!!  I'm excited to announce that I was asked to be a guest designer over at Scrap Our Stash this month!  When I heard I will thrilled to bits!  I just love their challenges!  Don't you?  

Their first challenge for June is to be inspired by the book cover for How To Surprise a Dad and to use pops of yellow on your layout too.  The book cover has a father on it and he is reading to his kids so of course I was inspired to use a photo of my goddaughter's husband and her daughter taking one of their first walks together.  She just learned to walk and I think that this photo was just too precious not to scrap!

I used a sketch made by Brenda Ragsdale from her Scrappy Friends challenge this month.  I turned the sketch on it's side and since I was also was inspired by the colors on the mood board from Kelly at Scrappy Friends I pulled these gorgeous papers out to use.  I totally meant to add a butterfly to one of my flowers for Rochelle's part of their group challenge but I left it sitting on my scrap desk!  Oh well....maybe I will remember next time.  (smile)

The papers are from my Flavor of the Month kit from The Scraproom.  YUM!  Aren't they just the best?!  I saw this floral sheet and just had to fussy cut some of the flowers out for my POPS of YELLOW.  I love how they just jump off of that black card stock base.  


I had such fun making this layout!  You need to rush out and join in on these challenges this month too!  Think of all the scrapping you can be inspired to do!  Thanks for dropping by and checking out all the scrappy goodness!! 

Until next time...happy scrapping!

Stacy

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job with all of the challenges....too bad you forgot to add the butterfly! Thank you for being our awesome Guest Designer for June at Scrap Our Stash and also for playing along in the Scrappy Friends Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a stunning layout! Absolutely love this on the black background. The colors are so vibrant! Thanks so much for joining the Scrappy Friends this month! :)

    ReplyDelete