Sunday, April 10, 2011

Scrap Crazy



Yesterday I was out of my office all day because my dd had a cheer competition. My hubby stayed home with the 2 little ones and I took the two older boys and my dd to the competition.


This was their first competition and they were all very excited and nervous. They did a fabulous job!


They didn't win. Another school called Eisenberg won. My poor daughter cried but she was still a good sport and congratulated the other girls. I'm really proud of her.


The competition was sooooooo LOUD! Oh my goodness did I have a headache when we left! But I went ahead and took the kid out to eat at Red Robin and then we stopped at The Cupcakery for cupcakes to celebrate.


Today I wanted to scrap. My hubby is in town (finally) and he figured he could monitor the kiddoes for awhile. I need a break every once in awhile. (although I pretty much had kids in my scrap room the whole time I was scrapping! lol)


Anyway, Denise and I did a timed challenge again. We used a fab sketch from Sketch Inspiration. And our 4 things turned into 5 things because my 4 year old accidentally picked 5 things and we decided to just go with it! ha


She picked:


white marker

flowers

chipboard

die cuts

twine


I accidentally posted the photos backwards so just work with me. ha (I need Blogger For Dummies) lol


The layout I am talking about is the red, white and blue one.


I pretty much like how it turned out. Denise finished hers early. And it is super cute as usual. I will let you go to her blog to check hers out.


Next I made a tag for Fia's 1st Tag Challenge at Sketches4all that was posted today.


They are having a Mini Card & Tag Contest over there for the next week. (April 10th -April 17th) There will be a new challenge posted everyday. If you enter a creation in all of the challenges you will be entered to win the main prize - a fab Kit! And if you enter 1 or more challenges you will be entered to win a RAK.


Each DT is posting a challenge and will offer a RAK on their challenge. It will be fun and easy with lots of chances to win. So go join in.


Tomorrow my card challenge will post. Be sure and go check it out. There will be a nice RAK for the winner.


Anyway, Fia's tag challenge was to use a sketch, distress something, use ink, use buttons, use a mini tag, and stamp something on it. Phew! That was a lot of stuff to get on a little tag!! LOL (jk)


Next I was on a roll so I decided to make another layout. I used a fun sketch from Artful Delight that I have been wanting to make something from.


I used some paper and embellies I received from Fia at Sketches4all. They are My Minds Eye -Good Day Sunshine. I kind of went crazy with the brads since I was planning to enter it in the Brad Challenge at Frosted Designs.


This was such a fun sketch to work with and I think the layout turned out pretty good too.


I actually did another layout and I am getting ready to make 2 cards!


I am on a scrapping roll!! LOL


I will share the other projects with you tomorrow.


*** The winner of my RAK for the commenting on my project at Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog is RAVEN!! Congratulations Raven. Please email me at Scrapwithstacy at gmail dot com with your full name and address. ***


Thanks for everyone who went and commented!! I enjoyed reading your comments.


How was your weekend?? Do anything fun?? Get any scrapping done?









12 comments:

  1. I love your layout and your manly banner! Thank you so much for playing in the sketch challenge at Artful Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project! Adorable colours and layout! Thanks a lot for joining us at Frosted Designs this week! Hope to see more of your work! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! this is a fantastic LO that you have done.

    Both the LOs are bright and gorgeous

    Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs and hope to see you back next week with another stunning layout

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these layouts!
    And this blog layout is so fun and cheerful! latest follower from sketch inspirations! come visit when you can!
    http://scrappyhappiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I adore the Artful Delight layout! It is just perfect in every way!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your Cheery layout is cute, too! Love the colors!! :-)
    You are on a roll for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun LO's!

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layouts are fabulous! Thanks for sharing. Love how you incorporated so many photos so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great lay-out, love the journaling tag and banner!

    We went to see Hop, so super cute! It was a great kids movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this boys LO so much! Nothing like a best friend!! Wonderful work. Thanks for sharing your awesome project with us at Frosted Designs.

    Hugs,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous layouts girl! So glad Ron got home and you could scrap a while. It's definitely a good thing to get some me time :)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your bright and cheery blog! Your layouts are adorable! Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    Hope you did well with project scrap our stash. I'm a little late visiting the links. I love how your timed layout turned out and the boys one is so cute. It's always hard for me to make layouts for boys....I guess it takes time and practice ;)

    ReplyDelete