Thursday, December 29, 2011

SWALK Snowman


Well, here is a quick post to keep you interested while I am traveling back home to Nevada. If all goes well I will be on the road by 6:30am today and won't stop until I hit Gallup, New Mexico. My mouth is watering already because there is a wonderful little local restaurant there that we usually stop at that has the best food!! YUMMMMMM It keeps me motivated to drive all day! lol

My brother is driving back with me...well he is driving my hubby's car back to Nevada and I am in the minivan so not exactly "with me" but close enough. I am going to let him have one of the boys in the car with him and I will have the other one and the dogs with me. It looks like we will have decent driving weather thank goodness. I was a little worried it would be snowing.

I wanted to share this card I made for Crafter's Companion. I actually made several projects with these SWALK stamp sets because they are just so cute. You can buy them at the Crafter's Companion Store if you are interested. I can't remember what the exact name of this stamp set is right now and I'm too tired to go look it up. Sorry.

I stamped it out and colored it. These I decided to start with a Kraft paper base and layered it with dark blue and dark green card stock. I wanted to keep it fairly clean and simple. I added a little snowflake and ribbon from my stash and some stickles for sparkle. I actually love how it turned out. It is really pretty in person.

I really do wish you guys would join in the challenge at Crafter's Companion Challenge blog. This month the challenge is Sparkle. So fun and easy. And they always have the best prizes.

Well, wish me luck. I will try to post again from the hotel in Gallup if they have wifi. If not, I will post again on Saturday.








11 comments:

  1. oh stacey hun this is just gorgeous love that cute image hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your drive is smooth and quick for you! Love your card :) The glitter along the bottom of your card looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that glittery floor:0)

    Sending you good luck vibes your way!

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' that glitter you used for the snow...so sparkly and pretty! Love your coloring too. Good luck driving today, road trips are great...when someone else is driving LOL!!!! Happy new year, wishing your whole fam a happy healthy 2012!

    xx
    Khristen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl! Have a safe trip home!! This is adorable! Love all the details! I will make it my New Years Resolution to enter the Crafters Companion Challenges! There I said it now I will do it! I finally mounted one (LOL) I am just not good at it! I find that I get stuck to the sticky stuff, I had to cut some of my hair off of it, it took off part of my nail polish! LOL Only kidding it wasn't that bad! I love sparkle to I will get to it!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! Neat layout. Hope that you had a good trip so far. Stay safe..
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stacy~
    I just hopped on by to say hello and let you know that I will be joining you all in Carrie's birthday blog hop coming Feb. 2012. Love your blog page so happy and cheerful and love of pretty creativity going on....
    I'm also you newest follower!
    Have a very Happy & Safe New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card.Safe travels....and a Happy New Year:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card!!
    Love that stamp set I need to visit the store I'm loving a lot of those stamps!!
    Love your coloring and all the sparkle!!
    Have a safe trip back!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete