Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Winner Announced

Hello everyone!! First I want to announce my personal winner of the Crafter's Companion Christmas Blog Hop. My winner is:

17



Donna said...




I love your card! And my fav set would be 1st Christmas. So cute. Thanks for the chance.



Congratulations to Donna. As soon as you email me your name, phone number and address I will see that your stamp set gets sent to you! Remember you only have until December 20th to email me or you forfeit your prize. Scrapwithstacy@gmail.com


The big winner of all the Spectrum Noir markers will be announced on the Crafter's Companion Blog. Thanks to everyone who hopped along!!

Now I wanted to share with you a Christmas Tree home decor project I made.






I am an admitted Scrap Magazine addict. I should probably be in a 12 step program for it but I'm not. lol The other day I was in my local book store and picked up Paper Creations Magazine. Right on the cover was a gorgeous paper crafted Christmas Tree. It was just so gorgeous that I immediately went to my scrap desk and started cutting out strips of paper! (I am totally not exaggerating!! LOL)



I cut the paper strips 1/2 inch by 4 inches out of MME Signature Christmas paper. I cut WAY TO MANY strips because I had decided to make 3 trees in graduating sizes to sit on my fireplace mantel. I think a good number of strips would be about 140. I used 5 different papers of coordinating paper. (Unfortunately, you can't really tell how different the papers are in the photo.)


Next I got out a Styrofoam cone. After gently folding the paper strip in half without pinching the folded end, I started attaching them to the bottom of the cone with pins. I continued doing this all the way up the tree until I got almost to the top of the cone. Once I finished attaching the paper strips, I got out some ribbon and wound it around the top covering the last row of pins in the paper. Finally, the last step is to top off the tree with buttons. I actually pinned down the bottom button and then glued the others to that button. If you have long pearl pins you could just pin the stack of buttons to the top of the tree.








I already have them sitting on my mantel and LOVE them!!


This was such a simple project. It took a bit of time to cut out the paper strips because as I mentioned I cut way too many of them but after that it just went together quickly. So that is it for today. If you are inspired you should go join in the December "Anything Goes" Challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winner!!
    I love your trees they are so pretty!!!
    IKWYM! I see things sometimes I want to make too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are nice, Stacy! Great holiday project! :)

    Cheers,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy,. wow hun that is such a great idea, I love those Christmas trees!! Must be loads of work though! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet trees! Love that you did 3 graduated sizes, bet they look great on your mantel!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! How beautiful and what a great tutorial! I'm going out tomorrow - I want to try to find one of these cones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the trees are wonderful Stacy.TFS!

    ReplyDelete