I made a Center Step Out Card and I want to show you how I made it. I started with a piece of paper 6" x 12".
1. Measure down from the top 7 inches and make a dashed line horizontally across the paper (this line will be 6 inches long)
2. Measure down from the top 1 inch and measure over from that 1 inch. Make a dashed horizontal line on both sides.
3. Draw 2 solid lines down from the inside edge of each of these dashed lines. Go down to the dashed line you drew at 7 inches down from the top.
4. Under the top 1 inch dashed line measure down 1 1/2 inches and make another horizontal dashed line on both sides.
5. Finally you need to measure down from the top dashed lines 4 3/4 inches and make a dashed horizontal line between the two solid lines.
Now all you need to do is cut on the solid lines and score and fold on the dashed lines. Your base card should look something like this.
Here is a side view.
And here is a front view.
My directions probably make it sound way more complicated to make than it is. Just look at the template. You could just lightly pencil in the lines on your 6" x 12" paper and then erase them after you get it folded and cut.(that is what I did) Now that you have the base made you just need to decorate it.
I pulled out some patterned paper(Echo Park-Splash) and decorated my base card. I die cut a shape for the outside and another matching one for the inside out of some fun paper. I decided to make the card be fairly clean and simple. I added the main topper to my die cut shape on the front. I put the smaller sentiment topper under the main topper. I used some of the bling from the fun bundle to add a bit of sparkle. Then I got out some ribbon from my stash to make a pretty bow for the front.
I stamped out my sentiment and used a rub on on the inside.
I just love all of these sweet Peter Rabbit goodies. And just think you could love some of your very own if you go join in on the April Mother's Day challenge on our Crafter's Companion USA Challenge Blog. The main prize is your choice of this bundle of goodies or the Tiggy Winkle Collection! What are you waiting for!!? LOL Seriously...are you waiting for?!
AND if you love Peter Rabbit as much as I do you will definitely want to join in on the Crafter's Companion Scavenger Hunt Blog Hop that starts this Friday, April 20th and ends on Sunday, April 22nd at midnight PST. The grand prize is the COMPETE collection of Peter Rabbit stamp sets which is a grand total of 9 stamps sets!! And each Design Team member is giving away a prize on their personal blogs too. It is going to be a blast and you are not going to want to miss it. So mark it on your calendar right now. The hop starts right here on my blog on Friday.
I want to leave you with a little photo of my daughter at her Cheer Competition last Saturday. They didn't win but they had a blast and did a great job.
Thanks for stopping by today and looking at my project.