Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I'm Quackers About You!

I am really loving these new S.W.A.L.K. Pawfect Pals stamps but then again I love all the S.W.A.L.K. stamp sets.   (Seriously!!)  As soon as I received my stamps I got to work stamping out images and coloring with my Spectrum Noir markers.

I have colored so many of these new images it was a bit hard to decide on which one I wanted to feature as my Tuesday Project for Crafter's Companion. But then I realized that I had the perfect image colored for my next anniversary card for my husband. I love it when a plan comes together! So here is a card I made using the Quackers stamp set.


And since the card was made for my anniversary, I thought I should go ahead and make a matching box for my husband's anniversary gift.  

 

Boxes are so easy to make with the Ultimate Tool. Why don't I show you?


You just start with two pieces of paper the same size.


Then you open up your Ultimate Tool to the inside. Find the side that has the Box Base and Box Lid on it. Then decide how deep you want your box to be by choosing one of the score lines. I started with the box base so I butted my paper up to the side that says Box Base and then I scored on the 2nd line on all 4 sides of my paper. (if you don't have the Ultimate Tool you can measure in about 1 inch and score)


Then you turn the Ultimate Tool around (or not if you don't mind working upside down) and butt your paper up along the side that says Box Lid. Score your paper on the same line as you did for the box base. So for me, I scored on the second line on all four sides of this patterned paper. (about 1 1/8th inch on each side)


Next you fold and burnish all your score lines. Then take your scissors and trim a notch along the score line in each corner. (see photo above)


Now you need to adhere the sides on both the box base and box lid. Flip your paper over with the outside facing up and put glue on the little tabs you made in each corner. I use a wet glue because it gives me time to move things around if I need to.

 
Align the tabs with the sides and hold in place with a paper clip until your wet glue dries.
 
 
I decided finish off my box with a flower that I die cut with my new eBosser. (Shhh don't tell my husband about my new eBosser!) I adore this new machine because it is so easy to use. When you want to make something you just pull out the instruction booklet which has recipes for dies and embossing folders and find the one you need. For my Thin Metal Dies I started with Platform D on bottom, then I added a shim. Next I layered on Platform C, then Platform B. On Platform B, I put my Cutting Die with the patterned paper on top. Finally I put Platform A on top of everything. I turned on the machine and started sliding the boards into the machine until it caught hold and took over for me. It cuts smooth as butter!
 
 
Here are a couple of shapes that I cut out for this project. I cut out 5 graduating sizes and layered them for my flower. I colored a gem with my Spectrum Noir markers to color coordinate and added it to the center of my flower.
 
 
Here is the card and box together. I guess it is a good thing my husband doesn't read my blog posts!
 

Here are the Spectrum Noir markers that I used to color this stamp. It seems like I used most of the ones I own!
Thanks for stopping and looking. Until next time...happy scrapping.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card and so adorable! What a adorable stamp!!
    Love your box it is gorgeous!!
    Happy Anniversary!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card! Love, love, love your coloring!!!! Beautiful matching box too :)

    ReplyDelete