Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother May I?

Hello everyone!!  I'm here to share my "May I" project from Scrap our Stash with you today. As soon as I heard of this challenge I immediately knew who I was going to be inspired by because I am inspired by her everyday. Denise at Lala's World Blog is one of the most exciting, inspirational scrappers I know.   (and my bff!) She actually is the person who introduced me to scrapping. I can't believe that 2 years ago I had never scrapped!! And now it is such a big part of my life.


For this challenge I went to Lala's World and when I scrolled down I found the perfect layout to scraplift. I really just loved the use of circles and the soft feel of her work. And it doesn't hurt that Denise and I are in the photo!! LOL 

I decided to make a layout using a photo of my daughter. We adopted her from China and the photo is from the time while we were waiting...us in the US....her in China.
Layout made by Stacy at Scrap with Stacy (with a little help from my dd in the photo)

As you can tell I used the same basic layout as Denise but I did change a few things. I used a ton of flowers from my stash. I am laughing because I just realized that my daughter added that pink flower bling to the middle of the center circle. I guess she didn't think I was quite finished!! LOL She is 4 years old now and really into bling. She told me multiple times that she loved my paper (meaning she loves my layout). I'm glad she likes it since it is for her book.

Here is a photo of her from her brother's birthday party this last weekend

I hope you are inspired to join in on this challenge and I hope you pop over and check out all the great projects that Denise has on her blog. You won't be sorry you did!!

And if you stopped by to see who won last week's Customer Appreciation giveaway just scroll down.  And don't forget to join in on this week's giveaway while you are here!!

8 comments:

  1. What an adorable layout of your daughter as a baby! I just got my stamp, Stacy!! Thank you soooo much for the stamp AND the gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just seeing her makes me smile!!! Great scraplift, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout turned out beautifully! Love G's addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun this layout is- I LOVE,LOVE the pink and the addition of bling is perfect...lucky your daughter helped you...lol
    I swear your daughter is the cutest, love seeing pictures of her and those great glasses.
    I started scrapping 3 years ago and LOVE it, I go in spurts when I have no pictures that I want to use so I do other crafts.
    Thanks for sharing sweetie
    Off to visit your bff

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful scraplift! She's adorable. Love all the pink on 'your paper' :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love denise LO!!
    Your LO is so pretty!!
    What a precious picture of her!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzer! I had no idea you have only been scrapbooking for 2 years?? You are so good at it! You picked a great inspiration for the challenge! Yippee for Denise!
    Glad to be back! How is everything going? Ready for school to be over! We have 10 more days!! But who's counting LOL!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete