Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Never Too Much Chocolate!

I'm sad that my bff has gone back home!!  But I did have such a great time while she and her family visited us this weekend. 
Now we are having kid sickness at my house.  My 6 year old has pink eye in both eyes and cold symptoms and also has infection around his eyes too.   Three of my other kids have cold symptoms so I took then all to the doctor yesterday.  Poor little Riley (6 yr old) he is now on two medications but after only one day his eyes are soooo much better and he seems to feel so much better.  The other kids are on OTC medications and prescription cough syrup.  Thank goodness today is still a day off from school.

It is so crazy how quickly the kids change from healthy and running around the house to sick and laying around.  Hopefully things get back to normal soon.
I  have a Crafter's Companion project to share today.  I made this card using the soon to be released Anthony and Burt stamp set - You Can Never Have Too Much Chocolate.  This is my favorite stamp out of the new releases.  And it worked perfectly with my Basic Grey paper -Kissing Booth.   All those yummy chocolate browns and perfect pinks.

I made an easel card which is currently my favorite kind of card to make apparently since I seem to constantly make them!! LOL  They are super easy and if you don't know how to make them you can check out the mini tutorial I have posted over at Crafter's Companion today.  I'm entering this card in these challenges:
Truly Scrumptious -All Creatures Great and Small
Penny's Paper-Craftu Challenge-Anything Goes
Divas by design - wings and things

I just bought the new Sew Ribbon - Scallop punch set and used this card to test the product.  I love this new product!  It is really easy and fast.  I liked it so much that when Denise and I went back to my LSS on Sunday I bought another one!  I bought the Zig Zag.  I haven't had a chance to use it yet but you can expect to see it on something here soon. 
I thought I would show you how the Sew Ribbon works in case you have been interested in getting one.  First you get out your paper and put the plastic guide on your paper where you want to put the ribbon.  The plastic guide has magnets on both pieces that automatically attach to one another.  It is easy to adjust to the exact location you want it to be placed. 
Next you pull out the punch and guide it into each slot.  Punch down until you hear it punch through the paper.  Punch each slot and then take off the guide.
Pull out a "needle".  This needle is a piece of plastic with adhesive on the inside.
You put your ribbon end on the inside of the needle and press both sides until they adhere to the ribbon.  Now you just "sew".  Taking your needle back and forth through the punched out slots.
When you reach the end you just trim your ribbon and take off your needle.  You can reuse them.  I could even see you adding your own double sided tape when they stop being sticky.  Or you can buy new ones if you prefer.  You need them but I'm not sure I will need to buy more than the few that came with the punch set.
Cool right?!  Here is a layout I made of my littlest daughter with her crazy hair and new glasses.  I used a really neat sketch from Creative Scrappers #195.  And paper and embellies from the Echo Park This & That: Graceful Collection Kit.  Total yummy goodness in that kit!!! 
I layered and layered all that gorgeous paper.  I pulled out some flowers from my stash that were cream colored and sprayed the heck out of them with my Starfish - Glimmer Mist.  So gorgeous and bright!!
You can see where I used the Sew Ribbon - Scallop on that piece of black and white paper.  However you will see that I punched it so that I could use the opposite side of the scallop pattern.  I liked the way that side looked too and it just worked better with my layout.
Have I mentioned how much I'm liking this Sew Ribbon!! lol

I'm entering this in these challenges:
Creative Scrappers Sketch 195 Challenge
Creative Inspirations Paint - Polka dots
CES Challenges - spots and dots
Do you stack up? - Layers
4 Crafty Chicks - Double Down
Inspired by - #11 photo
Frosted Design -Brads or Eyelets
Crafty Ann's Challenge - Bright and Bold
Scrap it girl - Show some love

Well now it is that time in my posts where I tell you that you only have 1 week left to enter the Something Sweet challenge at Crafter's Companion USA Challenge Blog!!  I'm really trying to grow the entries and get the word out there about this great challenge site!!  
Also there is that free stamp set giveaway over there that is going on until Thursday February 23rd at 8pm PST.  You could be the lucky winner of the Stamp It Australia -Destination Stamp Set!!!  So go over and comment and get in on the action.

And last but not least you still have a few days to join in on Carri's Birthday Blog Hop.  The last day to hop along is February 28th.  The winners will be announced on Carri's blog on March 1st.  Please go hop around and help Carri celebrate her birthday!!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Sorry this is soooooooooo long!! lol 

18 comments:

  1. I just love that layout with all the flowers! Just a reminder that to be eligible for the prize you can only link to a maximum of 5 challenges including the Inspired By challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous LO!!! Love the ribbon and the flowers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl! Sorry to hear you have sick ones-hopefully Denise's didn't come down with the yuk too. It sure spreads fast with the kids doesn't it?
    I love the tutorial for the new Sew Ribbon-oh yea another gadget i will need, what dept did you find it?
    Love the card and that adorable layout-how is your daughter doing with the glasses?
    Take care and hope everyone is better real soon.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost forgot to thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Paint this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the kids have a quick recovery!!
    Your card is so beautiful love that stamp!!
    Very pretty LO!!
    Adorable picture of your dd!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacy I hope your children get better soon, it is not fun when they are sick. Thank you very much for sharing your projects I am still drooling over the ribbon tool and keeping my fingers crossed ;)
    Have a wonderful day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning layout -thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous layout, just love the colours & those flowers are fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous easel card, thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout! I love your colours and those flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. really sweet love that sentiment thanks so much for joining us at truly scrumptious this week
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card and layout are so gorgeous girl! Seems like dominoes with the illness at your house :( Hope everyone gets well soon and stays that way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUS Layout!!! I love that paper and all of your flowers!!! Cute card- I agree with never having enough chocolate! That ribbon sew easy seems pretty cool! I'm never that creative with ribbon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful project, I love the use of embellishments on it.

    Thank you for playing along with us at Frosted Designs this week with our challenge of brads/eyelets, I hope you come back and play again!!

    Erin Reed

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm Back!!! Yippee!! I feel like I have been gone a lifetime!! I have a few more grays but I survived!! I took today and tomorrow off from work to recuperate after the visit LOL!! I had ZERO time to craft and it made me sad! I didn't turn on my computer for days!! It was sad! :) So I am just thrilled to be back in action!! And I spent the few spare minutes I had today coloring birthday Kitten for the CC challenge!! I will have it posted on Sat! Blah Blah enough about me already! I must have missed your visit with Denise (JEALOUS) and sad the kiddos are not feeling well! But I love this card and the very neat ribbon tool and of course the sweet lay-out! I have catching up to do! Did you get my last email that I received your amazing card in the mail?? I loved it! Thank you!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous layout! Love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your beautiful layour and all its details!! Great pictures!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Paint!

    ReplyDelete