Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy February!!

Hi everyone!!  Are you ready to Leap into February!!??  I guess we get one extra day this year.  What are you planning to do with your extra day??!!  I'm gonna sleep!! LOL (jk)

I wanted to let you know that we have a new challenge up over at the Crafter's Companion USA Challenge Blog. You know how I have been practically driving everyone nuts to enter our challenges!!   This month the challenge is "something sweet".  You just need to make something with a Crafter's Companion stamp and the theme "something sweet".  Easy peasy.  Go check it out and while you are there sign up to try to win the free SWALK stamp set!! 

Here is the easel card I made for my something sweet project.

I used my new Strawberry Kisses - Birthday Kitten stamp and some My Little Shoebox paper.  I punched out the flower border with a Martha Stewart punch (love it!!).  I used a couple more punches from my stash too - a tag punch and another edge punch.  I also pulled out a few brads, Stickle, ribbon and bling from my stash to use.  I love the bright happy feel of this card.  Perfect for birthday card.

I fussy cut the two flowers out of a sheet of pattern paper and layered them with Popdots.
 
I colored the image with my Spectrum Noir markers and then fussy cut it out.
 
I have been living vicariously through photos on Facebook and on blogs of all the fun everyone was having at CHA.  Did you get to go or are you and armchair traveler too?  I saw these super cool pennant buttons that I just have to share.  Aren't they the cutest!?!
 
These will be finding their way into my stash as soon as they are available!  LOVE THEM!  What's you favorite new stuff previewed at CHA??  Anything coming out that you just have to have? 
 
Okay see you next time!! 
 
Stacy

5 comments:

  1. Your card is super sweet! Great design and love the colors! I am already to take on the next challenge, it is written on my list of things to do! I did find my cricut spatula (Yippee!) now just need my Tim Holtz Scissors and I'll be back in business!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an arm chair traveler of the highest class. lol. There have been days when I've been bored enough to google map different cities of the world.

    I'm also in favor of your idea of sleeping on the extra day. I'm pretty sure that's what God intended it for. haha

    I love the card. It's very cute and the colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, thoe buttons & pendants from MME on my wish list too!
    I also love the flags from Pink Paislee & Crate Paper!!
    Prety card and so adorable!!
    Love the new challenge over at CC!
    In hoping to alter something!!
    I wont be bale to work on it for another week or so!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is adorable! I love that easel style and the colors you choose are awesome!
    OH MY GOODNESS! on the buttons! I'm in love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacy,
    I am just wanting to say that I look forward to being in the Birthday Celebration hop for my friend Carri! I was able to look around your sweet blog and love your creativity:) I am now a follower and look forward to seeing more creations by you!
    You easel card is adorable. I love the color choice and details. You did a fantastic job on the coloring too:) Have a great day!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete