Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I'm back! Did You Miss Me?

I'm back.... lol  I had a blast on my trip with my mom and aunt.  We had a great time together with no fighting.  We enjoyed going to antique stores and craft fairs, we bought a lot of fun stuff and the weather was great!  I took my old dog with me and she did great and really seemed to enjoy taking the trip too.  The only bad part was the drive back home in the RV.  There were really super strong winds both days and it was just a struggle to drive.  But we made it home safely (my brother drove back with me) and I am almost back in the swing of things. 
 
Sadly, I didn't take any photos at all!  I kept forgetting to get my camera out and take it with me.  My mom took a few and if I can get her to email me a few I will share them with you. 

(Here is my ds who asked me to take this photo of him with the halloween baskets - just in case you wanted to smile)
 
Now, it is time for me to get on the ball and get all the Halloween stuff done before Halloween arrives in 1 day!  I finally took the kids to get costumes last night.  (yeah me)  Tonight we are going to carve our pumpkins.  Then I think we will finally be ready for the big day.  There is a parade at the 3 younger kids school on Wednesday so I will be going to see them march around, sing and dance in their costumes.  I'm sure it will be super cute and they will have a ton of fun.

I'm so excited because I got the new Ultimate Pen Storage from Crafter's Companion and got most of my alcohol markers loaded up in it on Sunday.  I have a few more Copic markers and my Tim Holtz pens that didn't fit so I ordered a couple more racks to put them in.  Look at how cool it is!!

 
It's not a great photo but I couldn't wait to share with you!!  LOVE them!! (the racks I mean)  I cleared off a good portion of my scrap desk and I was totally motivated to color and scrap!  So I made a couple of cards.  I've really started to get down to business with making my Christmas cards. Have you? If you haven't you are missing out on so much scrappy fun  I pulled out three sets this week (yes, I said 3! lol) and stamped out my main image from the Strawberry Kisses - Cuteness stamp set. This darling little dog was just calling my name!! lol And he was so much fun to color!!


(Here is my card sitting next to some Christmas trees I made last winter. If you are interested in learning how to make the trees you can check out the tutorial on MY BLOG)

 

So, I colored my image with my Spectrum Noir markers and added a little Crystal stickles to the dog tag for some sparkle. Then I used the Angel Wings & Fancy Things Embossing Board and embossed the larger bell around my colored image. Then I fussy cut it out. Here are the markers I used to color all of my images.


Next I stamped out the holly from the Sheena's A Little Bit Festive - Christmas Visitors stamp set. After coloring the image, I fussy cut it out and trimmed off part of it. I adhered it to the top of my bell and then added some Crystal Stickles to the berries.

Finally it was time to put the card together. I layered some complementary papers from my stash on to a card base I made out these same papers. Then I added a bit of ribbon to the top of my bell and some double sided adhesive squares to the back. I put the colored image on my layered papers, and used a black pen to add a bit of faux stitching around the card. To finish things up I stamped my sentiment from the Mulberry Wood - Sent with Love stamp set directly onto my card base and added a couple of green gems.   I think I'm going to enter this one in the Come and Get It Challenge.          
 

What do you think?  Like it?  I do.  While I had my bits and pieces of paper out on my desk I decided to make another card.  I used a Humphrey stamp for this card and I can't remember who makes the sentiment I used.  I even took the photo of the card next to my Christmas trees again!! lol  This card came together really quickly.  I'm going to enter it in the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge 170 on The Sweetest Thing blog. 

I think that I have written enough.  I bet you are tired of being here!! lol  Thanks for stopping by and looking today.  Until next time...happy scrapping!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the Halloween photo!!!!!! Definitely made me smile!!! Your cards are cute! And, do you think you have enough markers??????!!!!!!! ha ha And, yes I missed you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back and safe! Sometimes when you're having so much fun it is hard to remember to take out a camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interpretation of the sketch and beautiful Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea on the shape idea for the sketch. Love the image too. Thanks for joining us at Come and Get It this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Did I Did!! So glad you are back! Your son is so sweet! Projects are adorable and EEEEKKK do I want that storage holder!! It is awesome!!

    OMG I am so happy you are on board with Walking dead! It is just the best season so far, I LOVE it!! I am trying to convince My Hubby to do the run for your life 5K... you get chased by zombies can you imagine??

    Chat soon! Post pics of your goodies! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and great take on our sketch Stacy. Love the image and the shape of the image layer. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of your cards! I havent made any Christmas yet but will soon!
    Glad you had a fun trip looking forward to seeing the pictures of the antiques you bought!!

    ReplyDelete