Monday, August 5, 2013

WInner, Winner, Chicken Dinner

Happy Monday!!

How was your weekend?  Get any scrapping done?  I did!  Want to see?   Here is a card I made with the Sheena A6 EZMount™ Xmas Stamps - Ivy Borders.  (the stamp set that one lucky person is going to win today!)

 

I used Tsukineko Memento Luxe inks in Grey Flannel, Rich Cocoa, Morocco, Love Letter on this card.  These luscious inks are pigment inks and the color and coverage are amazing!  They will be in the Crafter's Companion Store very soon!
 

I wanted to use one of the edge stamps from this set to make my card.  I pulled out some Kraft paper and my inks.  The Heart stamp called to me so that is the one I used.  I started stamping the image with Rich Cocoa, next I used Morocco, then Grey Flannel, then Love Letter.  I moved the stamp from side to side to nestle the hearts together.  I finished up with Rich Cocoa again. 

Since these inks are pigment inks they sit more on top of the paper and take longer to dry.  You can either set your project aside to dry for awhile or you can heat set the color.  You will want to do this otherwise you might smear it.  The beauty of pigment inks is that they are generally opaque so the colors are extremely vibrant.

For my sentiment, I used a sentiment from the Barkley Rubber Stamp Everyday Set - Heartfelt Wishes.  I stamped it out with Memento ink in Tuxedo Black onto a scrap of Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock for Alcohol Markers that I had sitting on my scrap desk. 

I decided to custom color it to go with my project.  I used one of my Spectrum Noir markers that matched the closest - DR2.  I colored the stamped image and then die cut it out.  I added some clear bling that I also colored with DR2 to match.

I decided that I wanted to carry the color to the card base.   I pulled out a piece of Luxury Centura Pearl 8" x 8" Printable Snow White Cardstock and trimmed it a little wider than my Kraft topper.  I flipped it to the non-shiny side and quickly colored a strip down the two side edges.  I didn't have to be neat because the Kraft topper was going on top of it and would hide any imperfections.

Here is what the colored edges look like before I added the Kraft topper.
 
Here is it with the Kraft topper added to the custom colored base paper.
 
I finished up the card by adding a bit of faux stitching to the edges and some twine from my stash.  I like the clean and simple lines of this card.  And I had fun playing with my new Tsukineko Memento Luxe ink pads! ha
 
Okay, you have waited long enough to find out the winner of the Crafter's Companion Design Team Welcome giveaway. 
 
Without further ado...the winner of the Sheena A6 EZMount™ Xmas Stamps - Ivy Borders is:
 
Lovely! Thank you for the opportunity to win!
 
Congratulations Amy!!!  You will need to email me your full name and US mailing address to Scrapwithstacy(at)Gmail(dot)com by Thursday, August 8th or you forfeit your prize.
 
Thanks to all who joined the giveaway!  Until next time...happy scrapping!
 
Stacy

4 comments:

  1. Love this card! I need to try this technique sometime, I always love it when I see it.

    Congratulations Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love the stamping you rocked it!!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Love the marker idea:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bella card! Mi piace molto questo timbro :)

    ReplyDelete