Saturday, August 31, 2013

Last Day of August

Can you believe that today is the last day of August?!  It feels like this month just flew by so quickly.  I wanted to remind you that today is the last day to enter the August "Animal" challenge at Crafter's Companion.

They are giving away a generous gift certificate to their online store to one lucky winner.  Can't you just see yourself shopping?  You still have time to enter so when you finish reading this post go get busy scrapping! ha

 

To inspire you I have one last card to share for August.  I made this card using the CD-ROM from The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady.  If you haven't already tried out one of Crafter's Companion's CD-ROMS you should really get one and see what all the fuss is about.  They are chockful of scrappy goodness!  AND so easy to use!

I decided to make a shaped card and just printed out the sheet of the one that I liked the best.  I was drawn to the horses on this one.  After I printed it out twice, I fussy cut out the card itself from one copy and then fussy cut a few of the birds from the second one.  I also printed out a sheet of sentiments and cut out the two I planned to use, one for the inside and one for the outside.

Next I just put it all together.  I layered the extra birds on top of the birds that were on the base card with double sided adhesive squares for a bit of extra interest.  And then I made a bow with my Ultimate Tool and added it to the sentiment that I added to the front of the card.

And voila...I have a very pretty card that works perfectly for this month's Animal challenge at Crafter's Companion!

(See what I did?  I tried to inspire you to join the challenge! ha)

Now it is your turn to go get scrappy.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Until next time...happy scrapping!

Stacy

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl! What a pretty card, great color combo and design on this! So glad you have a free weekend to get scrappy!! I'm doind laundry, vaccuuming and cleaning! But I am going out to dinner with my friend tonight and will be crafting when I get home! Both the girls have huge projects due on Tuesday so I hope to craft while they do them... we will see! I cannot wait for the Walking Dead to come back! I watched a sneak peak of the new prison and it is so awesome!! Enjoy your weekend! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete