Monday, December 16, 2013

Holiday Memories

I'm running around like a crazy person trying to get everything ready to go for Christmas.  How about you?  Ready for Christmas yet?  Want a good laugh?  Look who decided they needed a haircut while I was out of town last weekend?  My 6 year old daughter!  She is pretty proud of her efforts! ha  I guess this year's holiday photos will be extra special! LOL


Have you joined in on this challenge at Crafter's Companion this month?  The challenge is to use a Crafter's Companion product and the theme is "Ribbons".  So you just have to add ribbons on there somewhere!  You could win a gift certificate to the Crafter's Companion store so get busy scrapping!!  Wait don't leave yet!  Finish reading my blog first.  ha


Here is a bit of inspiration to get to started.

I made this card using the Embossalicious 6" x 6" embossing folder - Christmas Elegance.  This would be a perfect card to make if you needed to make several cards at once. This embossing folder immediately turns a piece of card stock into something elegant even Kraft paper! Just add a bit of ribbon and a sentiment and you are quickly done.

I did something fun with my sentiment.  First I grabbed the new Christmas Sentimentals - Jingle Bells stamp set.  I LOVE these stamp sets!  Everyone needs to add them to their stamp collections!!

I added my stamp to my acrylic block and then I grabbed some of my Ranger Distress Markers.  I colored directly onto the stamp and then I lightly spritzed a bit of water on the stamp.


Here I have the stamp colored with these markers (Evergreen Bough, Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers) ready to spritz with water and stamp.


Here I am spritzing water on a snowflake stamp from Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic  - Ornate Snowflakes stamp set using the same technique. (For the snowflake I used Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn)


Here is how it turned out.

Then I stamped the image out onto the back (non shiny side) of a piece of Luxury Centura Pearl paper.  This paper is perfect for multi media projects because it holds up to water pretty well! I think the stamped image turned out so cool!!  I loved it so much I made a Christmas layout using the same technique that I will share soon.  (I still need to get a photograph)

I finished the card with a few bits of crystal bling to add a little of sparkle.  I hope you love it as much as I do.

Glad you could stop by today.  Until next time...happy scrapping!!

Stacy

1 comment:

  1. She did a great job, I see a future hair stylist! I love this technique, I'm going to put it down on my list of things to try! I am missing TWD! My Sunday nights are just not the same! I'm not finished shopping, or wrapping, and still need to decide what I am cooking! I never mailed out cards for my family either. Hopefully it will all come together!

    ReplyDelete