Monday, March 21, 2011

One Big Happy Family











Happy Monday!




I hope you are all having a great day so far. I had a crazy day Friday. My 9 year old dd was sick so I kept her home from school. My 3 year old dd doesn't go to school on Friday so she was home too. I have also been feeling sick so I decided to take the girls and go to the medi clinic and get us checked out.




We went there and got in line. After awhile we were brought into the office. She started with me and ended up giving me 3 prescriptions and also some over the counter recommendations too.




Then she took my daughter's temperature. Her temperature was almost 104 degree F!! GASP! She said she couldn't "see" my dd and had to refer us either to the ER or to her pediatrician. I got a call in to the pediatrician and they called back and set up an appointment for us.




We had some time to kill so I bought some Tylenol (we were at the pharmacy) and gave it to my dd. I went and dropped off my prescriptions and then I took them over to Jamba Juice and got them some nice cold drinks. (it helped bring down her temp....along with the Tylenol)




We went to her appointment and found out she has Flu A. (whatever that is) We then went back to the pharmacy and dropped off her prescription. They said it would be another hour before it was ready so we took my younger dd to get her hair cut while we waited.




(by this time the Tylenol had kicked in and my older dd was feeling better)




My little ones hair is very fine and was fairly long but when it wasn't in pony tails it looked like crazy hair. I had them cut it just below her ears. She cried the whole time so her pictures aren't very cute.




But the cut turned out pretty good and helps her not look crazy! lol (the birthday hat was her idea!)




We did finally make it home in time for the other kids to get home from school. Of course, the minute I got home the dog groomer called to say the dogs were finished being groomed. So I got to get back in my car and go get them. They looked great though.




Here is a layout I started at CKC in Seattle and finally finished up.




I entered it in a challenge at Sketches4all. Erin's Ribbon Challenge but it already ended on February 28th.




I used pictures from a trip we took to Seaside, TX.


We celebrated a special birthday of my mothers and our wedding anniversary. And the kids just had a blast swimming in the Gulf and playing in the sand. Our rental house had a hot tub on the deck overlooking the water and the kids "swam" in it every day and night. It was a fab trip!


I also wanted to let you know that April 1st there will be another blog candy happening here on my blog for Crafter's Companion. They sent me some goodies to give away to you sooooo keep an eye out for that coming up.




And I will be having a Blogiversary Giveaway starting in April too. My blog will be 1 year old May 1st!!




So keep coming and visiting me....lots of goodies coming up!
































7 comments:

  1. I love G's new hair cut! She looks adorable :) Poor Olivia just looks pathetic. The flu is awful! Your finished pages rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the saddest haircut picture I've ever seen. Very cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great lay-outs! So sad getting hair cut but totally pulling off the birthday hat! One of my favorite photos is of my D crying because I put her hair in pigtails! I love it!

    Hope you are all feeling better soon! Being sick is the pits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy...great layouts!
    Great photos...thats the real life!
    LOL Stacy..May 1st is my birthday!
    Hope you and the kids are feeling better soon:)
    Hugs Jose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope everyone is feeling better now!
    Your layout is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...she looks so sad getting her hair cut!

    Flu A is simply Influenza, Type A. (In other words, the typical flu bug that is going around). I hope everyone is healthy soon!

    your layout is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope everyone is feeling better. Being sick sucks!

    You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete