I am really a lucky girl. I have a great, loving husband, fun, enjoyable children, tons of fabulous family and friends.
I really am blessed with riches of the heart.
I want to thank all of my followers especially the ones who sent me special get well wishes while I was out recovering from surgery.
Sometimes I don't think we realize how little things mean so much. So thank you all very much I am grateful for your friendship.
I want to especially thank my friend, Kelly Massman, we only know each other from online but I feel as if we are extremely close friends. She was so sweet to check on me multiple times, she sent me get well cards and lastly she made me this super sweet Tea Cosy.
I got it in the mail recently and just really LOVED it so much.
I loved it so much I took it apart to figure out how to make it!!!!!! lol
So, I am going to give you a little tutorial on how to make it. Because it is not a hard project and it meant so much to me to receive it. Maybe you could make something like this to show someone in your life that you are thinking of them.
1. I took a 2 sided piece of patterned paper and cut it into an 8 inch square.
2. Then I folded the square in half.
3. I then laid the triangle with the middle point pointing up.
4. I took the right side and folded it to the middle. (there will be 2 inches at the bottom between the right and left fold)
5. I did the same to the left side.
6. Next I took one piece of the top point and folded it down.
I didn't glue it and it stays fine but you could glue it down if you want.
7. Next I stamped a sentiment on it.
I used a Thank You because I am giving it to one of my children's teachers.
8. I then added ribbon and a flower.
You could add whatever embellies you want.
9. The last thing I did was pop in the tea bags.
You could put a instant cocoa packet or and envelope of bath beads. Or any number of other items that might fit inside.
Mine isn't as cute as Kelly's but I think ds's teacher will love to get it from him. I might even have the kids make their own. It is easy enough that they would be able to do it and probably love doing it.
So, there you go....a fun and easy tutorial for your Monday.
If you make one and post it on your blog please leave me a link so I can check it out.
Have a wonderful Monday!!
**Just a heads up - one of the winners of the 6 mini candies from my giveaway has not emailed me. Tomorrow is the deadline. The winner who does not email me by 11:59pm Tuesday November 23rd will forfeit their win and I will pick a NEW WINNER for the MINI CANDY**