Monday, November 15, 2010

I Survived!














































Denise and I survived our trip to Washington. CKC was a blast and we are now both tired and broke!! Well....I'm broke, Denise had a little more self restraint! lol


















I flew home last night and was super happy to see my kids. (hubby is out of town) Their grandma was super happy to see me too...(she can now take a break!! lol)


















We flew into Seattle Thursday night and rented a car and drove to Bellevue. We mostly just had dinner and organized our stuff, talked and went to bed.


















Friday we had to be at the convention center early for SHOPPING! (LOL) They let us in an hour earlier than the "regular folks" (we were "special" because we pre-registered for classes). We only had two classes scheduled but finished most of our shopping early and then had time to kill so we booked another class.


















By the end of the day, I was exhausted. I guess it was just more than my poor still recovering body wanted to take. When we got back to the hotel we had dinner and then went to the room to organize for the evening crop. I was grumpy because I was tired but Denise was sweet and didn't complain. I made it at the crop until about 10:30pm. We went back to the room and I CRASHED. HARD.














We had an early class on Saturday so we were up by 6:30am. (boo)(I'm soooo not a morning person) We knew we would be broke after Friday so we scheduled 4 classes on Saturday.














My favorite class we took was our first one on Saturday. It was by Tattered Angels and was Glimmer Mist Techniques. So messy and soooooo much fun!! I ended up coming home with a ton of Glimmer Mist and a ton of inspiration!! lol














After all our classes we went back to the hotel (tired again but not as tired). We had dinner and coffee (caffeine was our friend) (ha). Then we got ready for the Saturday night crop.














For some reason I got my second wind and was in a super happy upbeat mood. And we had some really fun girls at our table. The night was a blast. Denise and I both won good prizes and got goodie bags at the door. I did a layout for Scrap Our Stash and earlier that day I had won this adorable "Monkey" book so I decided to work on that.














I actually finished 99% of it there and when we got back to our room I finished it completely! Now I just need to add photos. I was so happy to finish it because I was afraid if I didn't do it there I would never do it!! ha














We slept in (sort of) on Sunday, packed up our stuff and flew home.














Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, such fun...thanks Denise for letting me tag along with you to my first scrapbook convention! It was awesome! I can't wait to go again!!














And don't think I have forgotten.....I will be picking my blog candy winners at Midnight tonight. So, be sure to come look here tomorrow to see if you won.... There is a ton of yummy Tim Holtz goodness being given away and it might be to you....














Thank you all so much for being so patient with me this month. Between working on my house, getting it cleaned, decluttered and ready to put on the market and my surgery and recovery...there hasn't been much of interest on here so thanks for still coming around and visiting. I plan to finish out the month on a high note and I might have something interesting coming in December...(hint hint hint...)

24 comments:

  1. sounds like you guys had a great time lucky you glad you treated yourself after being ill
    happy crafting
    love and faerie dust

    vikkie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a great time. I need a pick me up so maybe I will win the candy. I won some on another blog and was told the prize was mailed and that was 3 Mondays ago. Thanks for a cool mini book...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Classes are great in that kind of atmosphere. Never been to Seattle; sounds like you had a blast. Now get a bit of rest before jumping into things again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to go but there never seems to be one near me! So glad that you are feeling better, what a wonderful way to celebrate!That monkey mini book is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Stacey, you lucky duck! sounds fab and I was drooling as I was reading your post lol
    The glimmer mist class ooohhh, drooling again hiehiehie
    'wish we had conventions like that over here ;o)
    Hugs from Ireland
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had fun. Wish I could take a Glimmer Mist class. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounded like you both had a great time!!!
    I'm sad i couldn't make it down there. We're just a 2 1/2 hr drive from BC...
    Can't wait to see more of your pics =)
    thanks for sharing.
    hugs
    juli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, sounds like you had a blast! Glad that you didn't over do it (hehe) We'll be looking forward to seeing all that you learned!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you had alot of fun. Thanks for sharing your experience. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy for you. You had so much fun, I can wait to see your goodies in action. Take it easy for some time, take good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like such a great fun! all the best for u and hope u fully recovered

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, good! It's wonderful to read when things work out awesome; so glad it was fun and worth it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! It sounds as if you had a wonderful time--YAY for you!! I understand your love for Shimmer Mist completely, lol. Everything in my house glimmers now, ha ha!
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a great time. We did the CK Manchester last Spring and had soo much fun!! It is nice to have a scrap weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a great time! Glad you got to have so much fun! You deserve it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Glad you had such a good time....you needed some upbeat scrap time with friends. Always puts me a good mood.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you had so much fun!Now ready for a rest....lol
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never been to a crafty convention. It's nice to see it vicariously through you! :) That monkey book is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Seems like great fun, and lot of work between :) Such a convention must be fun. Glad you share your experiences with us. It is a great Blog Candy you have. Will be a big prize for the winner. Have a nice evening .)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am glad you had fun. I live near Seattle and was a volenteer for a class on Saturday. Maybe next year I will try to take some classes. The one I worked at looked like fun. If you work there you get in for free and $15 for every 2 hours shift. It worked out good. to bed the weather wasn't better, Bellevue really is a pretty place to see.

    ReplyDelete