Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Thursday!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the USA!! And Happy Thursday to everyone else!! LOL

We are stuffed to the gills around here. I cooked for 2 days and then we ate and ate today. I made 6 pies and I haven't had a piece of one yet. Still trying to digest the other food.

But I am thankful for my family, my friends and good health (mostly-lol).

I am posting this layout of my sweet baby girl. These pictures are from when we were in China. We went there last year to finish up our adoption and to bring her home.

The picture where she is sleeping is so special to me because she made these sweet sucking noises when she slept. They were adorable and I was pretty happy to get a picture of her doing it.

It was really, really cold in China when we went there and I am not sure if you know this but there was no heat turned on in the buildings! NONE. (not even in the government buildings or hotels!)

So that is why you see all those pictures of Chinese babies bundled up in fifty layers of clothing!

We didn't even have heat in our hotel except in our room when we put our key in the slot that turn it on. When we took our key and left the room the heat turned off. BURRRR

Most of the little babies clothing have a split crotch so they can just stop and have them pee in the street. We saw people doing this.

Anyway, this is the coat that dd came wearing to our first meeting. All of the other little girls in our group had similar (or matching) outfits on. They all looked so adorable.

I made this layout for an inspiration challenge at sketches4you that Melissa Pablo is having. I mainly took my inspiration from the colors of the picture and from the doodling.

I sprayed it with 3 different colors of Glimmer Mist, Key Lime Pie, Peach Delight and Black Magic. I doodled on it with a black sharpie pen. It seems like it would have been easy but it took me a while to make it. It isn't my normal style of scrapping so it was a bit of a challenge for me. I do like how it turned out though. What do you think?

Sketches4you is having a blog hop and it starts tomorrow. So if you can drag yourself over here tomorrow and check out my blog I will give you all the info... I will be giving away a RAK....so it might be worth your while....

And now to end with....this last picture is of 2 of my dogs...(the bean bags are my kids chairs in my craft room/office) Don't they look like they have had a hard day??!! lol Lazy dogs!





9 comments:

  1. What memories you layout brings back. Georgia is such a cutie pie. It's nice to be able to take heat for granted. Love all the glimmer mists you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh stacey hunny what an amazing post,oh Georgia is just such a cutie and as for your dogs oh wow hun they are just adorable oh they are so super cute,hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picture and so cute baby and creatures! And Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout. Georgia is soooo cute!

    TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I love your layout, what sweet pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, furbabies!!!! They are so cute when they're relaxed.

    I think you rocked the misting and your doodling is so amazing that I didn't even realize it was doodling at first. Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww man, I love the photo of your dogs!! TOO CUTE!!! Fantastic layout, too! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet layout and LOVE the photo of your doggies!

    ReplyDelete