Thursday, November 18, 2010

Riley Turned 5


My sweet little son, Riley had his 5th birthday last week. Normally, Mama is the one doing it all, cake, present, decorations etc. etc. etc. but as you all know I was recovering from surgery sooooo Daddy did it all. And made sure to tell me he did it all! LOL




Why is it that most men want applause when they do normal family chores?




Well, I applauded his manly shopping, decorating, wrapping and cake making. Then I just enjoyed the party! lol




If you follow my friend, Denise's blog you will have already seen this layout in a little different way.(like with her kid instead of mine! lol)




We both took the same class at CKC and these birthday pictures were all I had printed. So that is why you get to see this birthday layout. I wasn't as ambitious as Denise...I haven't finished up the other half of the two page layout.




I had a doctors appointment today and really just wanted to get something new on here for your viewing pleasure.




The class was fun. The layouts are fairly simplistic so I went a little crazy with Stickles, a journaling card and alphas.




I do like the cheery upbeat feel of the paper. And the colors worked with the pictures perfectly.




My kids (the 3 oldest) have really been embracing their inner artists lately and have basically been taking over my crafting area making cards and tags. I actually think it is pretty cool (except when they forget to put the top back on the ink pad....) ha. I will probably be posting some of their creations in the next few days. I know you are dying to see them! LOL




How was your Thursday?? Get any scrapping done today??

8 comments:

  1. Such a sweet Lo Stacey. Hope you are recovering well.
    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's fun when my wee one tries to get in on the crafty action. Of course, he seems to be pretty well stuck in making cards with glittery hearts (and insists on the loose glitter! Gah!) but it's still fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Riley!

    Hope you are still resting up and the doctor's went well. I did scrap for the first time in almost a week yesterday! I've been busy decluttering in preparation for Chrismtas, and deep cleaning....walls, corners, under stuff, in preparation for Christmas dinner when the whole family gathers here! Love your page...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable layout!!! Happy fifth birthday to Riley!

    Hope you're on the mend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 5th birthday Riley, hope you had a fabulous day with loads of cool surprises xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout on your blog and Denise's! How much fun is that????
    Anyway, I know what you mean about men needing praise for everything! My husband's chest literally puffs when I praise him! :-) It's sort of fun and cute! :-) Hope you are feeling better soon!!! Best wishes! And looks like a great birthday riley!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great lay-out!

    I left a blog award for you on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete