Saturday, February 2, 2013

"Love" Is In The Air Challenge at Crafter's Companion

Happy Saturday!!  How is your weekend going?  Any big Super Bowl Party plans??  I don't have any big plans.  I did make a point to get some good snack type food and stuff to make chili so that is my big plan tomorrow...eat!  LOL  I hesitate to even say that I have no idea who is even playing in the Super Bowl!  (gasp! lol)

 

I've been more interested in scrapping in my scrap room this weekend.  I'm here to share a CAS card that I just made.  I am taking a Clean and Simple Card Making 2 class at Onlinecardclasses.com.  And I was inspired to make this card by our bonus class taught today by J.J. Bolton.

It was fun and actually easy to make!!  The hardest part was deciding which colors to use.  I made it using Spellbinder square dies to cut my "arrow".  The Crafter's Companion February Challenge is "Love Is In The Air" so I decided to make a Valentine's Day card and picked the colors red, dark pink and light pink and cut 1 two inch strip of paper from each.

After die cutting them out with my eBosser, I pulled out the Crafter's Companion Toread - Comge stamp set.  The Love stamp was perfect for this card and.

I cut out my card base from Luxury Centura Pearl 8.5" x 11" Printable Snow White Cardstock.  I just love the beautiful sparkle of this paper.  I stamped out "Love" in Versamark Ink and then poured Silver Tinsel embossing powder over it and then heat embossed it. 

I learned the best way for me to put my "arrow" together was to lay down a strip of Crafter's Companion EZRelease Tape.  Then I took each piece and laid it face down on the tape in the order I wanted it to be on the card.  This helps keep all the piece in place until you can get the adhesive you want to use on the back. 

 

The adhesive I used was double sided adhesive squares.  I cut them into strips and adhered them to the back of each V.  After adding the adhesive to the back of each piece and taking off the backing paper from the other side.  I positioned the arrow on the card and pressed down.  The EZRelease Tape comes off easily and leaves no residue behind.

I had so much fun making the first card that I whipped out a second one!!  This time I used a red embossing powder for my heat embossing.  And I ran the "arrow" horizontally across the card. I'm going to enter it in the Red, White and Pink challenge on the 2 Sisters Challenge Blog.

 

And there you go they are all done!  I hope you enjoyed looking and I hope to see your projects in the February Crafter's Companion "Love is in the Air" Challenge!!  You could be the lucky winner of a $30 voucher to the Crafter's Companion Online Store!

Until next time...happy scrapping!!

Stacy

8 comments:

  1. You're quick! They are both really fun card - I do like the shades of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished watching the class and turned to your blog and their it was........ such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely awesome, Stacy!! It looks pretty complicated, but it sure is totally different from anything I've ever seen on a card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design!! Love the color combo!! I have no idea who is playing this weekend, I do know that they will be playing a sneak peak of walking dead. I hope to be crafting. I told my Husband when it comes on to use the code words "Get your A$$ in Here!!" Then I will come running! I'm totally prepared.
    We have a super busy week a head! Field trips, meeting, jogathons, and 1 last Cross Country Meet... and by the way she placed #1 entire district for 6th grade and she placed # 4 for entire district 6th-7th and 8th Graders! She is super fast!!
    I don't like that I can't follow the CCC blog to see them in my dashboard... how are people supposed to find the blog easy?

    Ok chat later! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks lovely Stacy!! Valentine is not really a big thing here in the Netherlands, but I do love all the cards and sweet you do over there! However, my romantic hubby booked us a valentine weekend in Paris. Love Paris!! I'm planning to spend an entire day at the Louvre. Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant job of CASEing the nestled die cuts, Stacy!! This one was a real challenge for me, but you make it look easy! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Stacy! You are truly rocking the card world!

    Lisa Rea - S4A

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I'm going to have to see if I can get up the gumption to make a card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete