Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Gorgeous Happy Girl

Happy Wednesday!

 

Thanks for stopping by and visiting!  I'm happy to have you here.  I was able to get scrappy yesterday and I have a layout to share with you today.  I was inspired to do this layout by the So You Think You Can Scrap Challenge that I have been doing at Colorful Creations.  This one is for round 8.  We were required to make our own patterned paper.  I made all the patterned paper on this layout.  For the base paper and the turquoise paper I grabbed my new Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy EZMount Stamp Set - Flower Power.  This is an awesome 9 stamp set! 

 

I started out with my favorite paper.  Yes, you know which paper I'm talking about...Luxury Centura Pearl Printable Snow White Cardstock!!  That is the paper I was raving about yesterday! lol  I flipped it over and used the non shiny side of the paper.  I stamped out 3 sizes of flowers randomly all over the paper using VersaMark ink.  Then I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.

 

Then I pulled out my Ranger Distress ink pads in Squeezed Lemonade and Festive Berries.  I was inspired to use these two colors by the cover of a child's clothing catalog that sitting on my desk.  I just loved the outfit the girl was wearing and it was in these two colors.  You really can find inspiration everywhere!



Using my inking tools, I rubbed these two colors of ink all over my embossed paper.  The cool thing is that the embossed lines resist the ink so you get a very distinct pattern.

I kind of went a bit crazy with the flower stamps because they are all so cool.  I used the smallest flower to make my turquoise paper using the same technique as on the base paper.  I also stamped out a medium flower, heat embossed it with clear embossing powder and then I colored it with the inks from the same two Ranger distress ink pads using a water brush.  Then I fussy cut it out and cut it in half.   I also stamped out 3 flowers in graduating sizes with Festive Berries Distress Ink and fussy cut them out to use as embellies.

 

I was able to use one of my new Darice embossing folders on this layout too!  I grabbed my 4.25" X 5.75" Darice Embossing Folder - Wire Fence and ran it through my eBosser, then I inked over it.  I love the texture it brings to the layout.

I inked white crinkle ribbon with my Spectrum Noir BT5 ink refill, scrunched it up and used my heat gun to dry it.  I used a sketch challenge from Artful Delight to inspire this layout but was too late to enter it in their challenge.  But it was a fun sketch and I'm happy I was able to use it.

I really love this layout. These colors are just singing for me! ha  What do you think?  Have you thought about making your own patterned paper?  I have a new Stash Challenge at Sketches4all and the challenge is to make your own patterned paper and use it on a paper craft project.  Come join in and get a bit messy! ha

I am entering this layout in the Be Bold challenge at Frosted Design.

And finally remember you only have one more day to enter the February "Love Is In The Air" challenge at Crafter's Companion.  If you haven't entered already, you better get cracking!  There is a $30 gift certificate up for grabs.

Until next time...happy scrapping!

Stacy

6 comments:

  1. This is really Gorgeous!!! i can see why you made it your next challenge but i don't think I could create anything quite so pretty!!! :0 your daughter is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, wow you've been very creative, making your own background paper and I love the result! It's gorgeous! Don't you just love playing with inks?! And you turned it into a wonderful layout! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  3. great project! love the paper you made!Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs for our Be Bold challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous LO!!
    Love it!
    Isn't it amazing what we can do with embossing resist & inks!
    You rocked this challenge!!
    Thanks for the info on the wire organizer!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout of Olivia is absolutely stunning! She is such a beautiful girl, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant you made your own paper! Great layout too!

    ReplyDelete