Sunday, February 17, 2013

We Survived!!!



We survived The Las Vegas Color Run!!  WOO HOO!! lol   It was a blast!  And it went faster than I thought it would.  My kids are already asking to do it again.

Here we are at the finish of the race.
 
There were 4 "Color Zones" that we ran through and then at the end you each have a pack of color to throw in the air.  It was really a great time!
 
my kids after the race
 
Denise and I
 
 
I'm so glad that we did it and now we can check "do a 5K" off our bucket list!! LOL  I bet we will be doing more and more of them.
 
I always love when Denise and her family visit.  It is easy and fun.  We are in my scrap room today so I'm hoping to get some scrapping done.  I guess I need to get off the computer first!! LOL
 
Last night we watched Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty.  I liked both movies but liked Lincoln best.  ZDT was good but a bit slow and long and there were torture scenes that were a bit difficult to watch.  But both movies were good and worth seeing.  If you haven't seen Silver Linings Playbook, I think you should run out and see it immediately!  It is fantastic.  It is hard to explain but it is funny, sad, touching, romantic, crazy and you leaves you feeling good.  I can't say enough about it.
 
I do have good news for me.  I made it to round 7 of the So You Think You Can Scrap challenge at Colorful Creations. Woot!  Here is my double layout.  It had to follow the sketch closely, be monochromatic, use a die cut, use a border punch, have a butterfly on it, and have two homemade flowers on it.  Phew!  But I did it and here it is.
 
 
I didn't have a pink die cut so I painted the one I had and the put some champagne Glitter Glam on it.  I made the two rolled flowers.  You can see the edge punch next to the larger photo and I punched butterflies out of pattern paper and you can see that I chose pink as my color.
 
 
 
Okay, I'm going to finish up here and go scrap.  Thanks for stopping by today.  I would love it if you left a comment.  It is always fun to read comments! ha  Until next time...happy scrapping!!
 
Stacy



2 comments:

  1. WOOHOO you guys did it...great.What great pics..I can see on all the big smiles that you had a wonderful time.Congrats to you all.

    Pretty layout ..congrats on round 7.
    Have a happy scrappy time with Denise..enjoy the day:)
    Hugs Jose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on passing 7 and reaching for 8.....
    I love the layout of G. So many different looks . Bless her little pea picking heart.....

    ReplyDelete