Friday, February 8, 2013

Sheena's New A Little Bit Floral Stamps

I love being on the design team for Crafter's Companion.  One of the best things I get to do is work with new stamps before they are on sale to the public.  Greedy, I know.  ha  This week I was lucky enough to get to play with the new Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Floral stamp collection.  This time she will make you drool over the gorgeous florals she has designed.  I know I had to wipe the edge of my mouth a bit after looking at them! ha 

 


I picked the Dahlia stamp to work with on this card.  I pulled some beautiful papers from the Graphic 45 - Birdsong paper pad to use and grabbed my Spectrum Noir color chart to help me decide which Spectrum Noir markers would match the best.

 

I ended up using these markers after I stamped out the image with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  I stamped out the flower and one leaf.  After I colored them I fussy cut them out and then used a pencil round the edges a bit and then got busy working on the base of the card.

This was easy to do.  I started with a white base card and then I got a piece of turquoise card stock from my stash and trimmed it a bit smaller than the base.  I wanted to add more texture to my card so I pulled out the Darice - Damask embossing folder and embossed a piece of Luxury Centura Pearl Snow White Card stock in my eBosser

Did you know that Crafter's Companion just got a bunch of new Darice embossing folders in their online store?  I know what I'm putting in my cart next! ha

 

Finally I just layered my papers and wrapped a piece of ribbon around the middle.  Then I tied little knots along it.  I used double sided adhesive squares to adhere the flower to the card and then I adhered the leaf under the flower with liquid adhesive.

 

I will be entering this in the Anything Goes Challenge at Creative Inspiration Blog. 

Okay now what are you waiting for??  You better go rush over to Crafter's Companion and get a look at the whole collection!

Thanks for stopping by and looking. 

Until next time...happy scrapping!!

Stacy

3 comments:

  1. Adorable card.
    This is very beautiful.
    Ana
    www.corujandoartes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flower! Love the color combo on this!

    Can you believe I caught the nasty bug that has been going around?? two days of my life gone forever. I was so certain that I would not get sick because I was just sick a few weeks ago! I am soo far behind on everything and with a completely packed schedule it has been the pits!
    But I am almost up on my own 2 feet today, it is Friday(Missed 3 days of work!) and will spend the weekend catching up.
    Looking forward to Sunday Night, I can't believe it is here already!!
    Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty flower, and I love the embossed background! Thanks so much for joining us at the Creative Inspirations Paint challenge. :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete