Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sending Loving Wishes

Hello everyone.  I hope you are having a nice Tuesday.  The sun is shining here in Las Vegas today.  It is a bit cool but it is nice.  How about you??

I have a new card challenge up at Sketches4all and it is to make an all white card.  Only the sentiment can be in color.  Have you ever made an all white card?  I hadn't until yesterday.  First time for everything I guess.

photographed inside in my light box
photographed outside on the ground
 

To start on this card I pulled out the best white paper I have and that is the Luxury Centura Pearl 8.5" x 11" Printable Snow White Cardstock from Crafter's Companion.  If you aren't already using this paper you need to get online right now and buy some!  You need this paper.  It is the perfect weight, it has a gorgeous shine on one side and is plain white on the other side.  It is great for anytime you need white paper since it is really pretty but you can totally flip it to the plain white side and do those awesome mixed media projects.  It is strong enough to hold up to a bit of paint, ink etc.  And the best part is that is is so inexpensive!  Okay, enough of the sales pitch!  LOL  You can tell I really like it can't you!?  Wait, I forgot to mention something else great about it...it comes in 3 sizes - 8.5" x 11", 12" x12" and 14" x14"!  Now I will shut up. ha

 

I made a base card and then I trimmed a second piece to be just a bit smaller than the card.  I pulled out my new (shhhh don't tell my hubby! ha) Darice -Wire Fence embossing folder that I just got yesterday in the mail from Crafter's Companion and ran that trimmed piece of paper through my eBosser.  Then I adhered it to the base card. 

Next I grabbed some hearts that I had die cut out previously for another project and didn't use.  (in fact, one of them is the waste from one of my projects!)  I grabbed a Sizzix embossing folder that has swirls and embossed both hearts in my eBosser.  I used double sided adhesive squares to attach them to my card.  Then to finish it off I stamped out with VersaMark ink a sentiment from the recently released Angelica & Friends Collection - Felicity stamp set.  I heat embossed it with some silver Martha Stewart embossing powder I had in my stash.  I stapled on a bit of white ribbon with my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher and then used a bit of white out to make the staple white.  (hey it worked!) ha  And I had to have a bit of sparkle so I threw on a few clear gems.

What do you think for my first all white card?!  I think it turned out pretty great and it would be perfect for the Crafter's Companion February Love is in the Air challenge that is going on right now!!  You still have a couple of days to enter to win the $30 gift card to Crafter's Companion! 

 

I have another card to share that I threw together for a friend.  I used the butterflies stamp from the Stamp It Imagine -Time to Dream stamp set.  I adore this stamp and I keep stamping it on everything that will stay still! lol  I used a sketch from Flutterby Wednesday as my inspiration.  I colored the clear bling with my black Spectrum Noir marker.  And I totally can't remember which stamp set I pulled that sentiment from.  I made this card last week and I guess I'm having a brain fart.  It is from Crafter's Companion if that helps...lol

 




I also have a card that is a Pulley Slider Christmas Card that I made using my Ultimate Tool.  I love to make these cards because they are fun and easy.  You can find step by step directions on making this kind of card on The Ultimate Christmas Project DVD

 

Okay, this is getting long so I will end here with a photo of my sassy daughter working her cheerleader outfit.  Because everyone can use a smile right??

Until next time...happy scrapping!

Stacy

3 comments:

  1. Very nice cards!! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely GORGEOUS card!!! I love all the embossing. I may have to take out my Luxury Centura Pearl paper too. Looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete