Sunday, February 10, 2013

Today is the Day!!

Happy Sunday!  I have a couple of projects to share with you today.  Both projects were inspired by my Clean and Simple cardmaking 2 class at Onlinecardclasses.com.  One is a card and one is not... ha

First the card.  On day 10, Jennifer made the cutest card using die cuts and stamps.  I was inspired to use my die cuts and a Crafter's Companion Stamp It Australia EZMount Stamp Set 60 - Friendship Sentiments stamp.

 

I pulled out a sheet of Luxury Centura Pearl 8.5" x 11" Printable Snow White Card stock and trimmed it down to make my card base.  This is awesome paper that is sold for the beautiful sheen on the front but flip it over and you get a perfectly white, good weight, card stock for doing all sorts of multi media projects at a very inexpensive price. (You should check it out.  It comes in 3 different sizes)

I took the excess and trimmed it slightly smaller than the front of my card base.  Then I grabbed some heart dies from out of my new EZMagnetic EZBinder.  I'm loving this new binder for my dies.  It holds a ton of dies on the magnetic sheets and snaps closed for easy storage.

 

I die cut two hearts from the Luxury Centura Pearl panel that I had prepared.  I actually layered them, one inside the other.  I kept the smaller heart and tossed the excess paper aside.   So now I have the die cut front panel and a small heart.

 
 
The pink heart was just sitting on my scrap desk so I slipped it underneath just to give some contrast so you can see the pieces. The heart with the hole in it can be put aside and used on another project later.
 
I found some gray shimmer paper in my stash and cut it slightly larger than the larger heart shape cut out of the front panel.  I centered it behind the heart on the panel and using a piece of EZRelease Tape, I adhered it on the front of the panel.  Then I turned the panel over and put some adhesive on it and centered it on the card base and pressed down.  After it was adhered to the card base I peeled off the EZRelease Tape. 

 
 

I don't want the die cut panel added to the base card just yet because I want to wrap some red ribbon around it and add some double sided adhesive squares to the back so it will stand up off the card.  So I do this next.  Next I pulled out my stamp and stamped my sentiment quote with VersaMark ink and using some red embossing powder.  After I heated it and it cooled I put the double sided adhesive squares on the back and I colored a few clear gems with the CR11 Spectrum Noir pen to color coordinate. 

Now I just added all the different parts to the base.  I centered the front panel and adhered it to the base card.  Then I centered the small heart in the window and adhered it to the gray paper.  I randomly added the colored gems at this point and glued down the bow I made on my Ultimate Tool to the ribbon on the panel.   I'm entering this in the challenge at CAS on Sunday and in the challenge at Come and Get It Challenge Blog.

 

Next I want to share an altered/recycled project.  My son needed a decorated "mailbox" to put his Valentines in at school next week.  I took an empty cereal box and made sure the bottom of the box was taped shut.  Then I pulled out some shiny black card stock and covered all sides the box and the bottom.  Then I took a piece of that Luxury Centura Pearl 8.5" x 11" Printable Snow White Card stock (I told you I was loving this paper!  lol) and cut it to the same size as the front of the box.  Then I pulled drew a light pencil mark down the vertical middle on backside of the paper. 

 


I pulled out my Ultimate Tool and my Boxer board.  And using the inches side of the boxer board, I butted the pencil line up to the handle side of the Ultimate Tool and scored at 1 inch, 1/2 inch, 1 inch, 1/2 inch and 1 inch.  Then I flipped the paper and did the same scoring along the other side of the pencil line. There was a little extra bit on the edge and I trimmed this off of both sides. Next, making sure to first fold to the back, I accordion pleated the paper along the score lines burnishing each fold. 

 

After it was all folded I laid it down on a piece of card stock and put pencil marks to measure the length and width.  I trimmed the card stock down.  Then I added some adhesive to the card stock and a line of double sided adhesive squares down the vertical center.

 

I grabbed my pleated paper and pressed the edge down along the edge of the card stock.  I turned the paper and lined up the other side of the pleated paper and pressed it down on the other edge of the card stock.  Finally I pressed down from the middle on to the double sided adhesive squares while making sure my pleats were even. 

 

To make my pleats look like the front of a tuxedo shirt I added 3 brads for "buttons" before I adhered it to the card stock.

 

There are dies on the market that make a nice bow but I don't have them (yet ;-) ) so I just have to be a little more resourceful.  I cut two pieces of paper about 1" x 8".  I folded one in half and put adhesive on the back in the middle. Then I folded each side to the middle.

 
 
 

Next I trimmed each side toward the center to make more of a bow shape. I took a scrap piece of the same paper to wrap around the middle and adhered it in the back. 

 

 

To finish up the bow, I took the second piece of paper and trimmed it down the approximately the same shape (you don't have to do this step) as the bow and then cut the ends into a banner edge.  Then I glued down the bow on top.

 
Here is the other side of the box. 
 
I'm going to enter it in the challenge at Challenge 4 Everybody. That is it for me today.  I hope you weren't bored to tears.  lol  Thanks for hanging around to the end.
 
Okay I'm off because today is the day we get new episodes of ....The Walking Dead!!  I can hardly wait! ha.  I need to get all my kids fed, bathed and in bed by 8pm so that they will be asleep when it starts at 9pm.  
 
Until next time...happy scrapping!!
 
Stacy


10 comments:

  1. I am in awe of your tuxedo box!!!! So incredibly cool!!!! Love the step by step tutorial too :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa As soon as I saw the title I knew!! I also have been preparing all day long for tonight. I told the girls if the lights aren't out by 9 they are grounded! LOL! My Husband already threw a blanket and pillow down the stairs so I can sit alone in the living room and not be bothered by him. Oh the fun!!
    This is an amazing project! looks like you were really able to use a lot of scraps! Looks awesome!
    ENJOY TWD!! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful box you created for your son. I hope it gets filled with really sweet things! Thank you for joining in with us at Anything But A Card this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really darling Valentine creation with the hearts!! :) Thanks for playing along with us at CAS on Sunday! Hope you will join us again next time and good luck! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Valentine project. Love the instructions and your art work. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super CAS card, perfect for our theme this week. Thanks for joining us at Come & Get It.
    Natx GDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of you amazing & creative cards!!
    You are rockin the cards!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely Valentine card.
    Thank you so much for joining us at CAS on Sunday this time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful card! Thnx for joining CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job. The box is great. Thanks for joining up at ABAC.

    ReplyDelete