Saturday, February 9, 2013

Ni Hao From Taiwan

I made it to Round 6 of the So You Think You Can Scrap challenge over at Colorful Creations.  WOOT!!  The challenge this week is a doozy.  I will have to think about it for a bit before I can actually get started. 

I wanted to share the layout I made for challenge 5.  This challenge was a sketch challenge.  You also had to distress it.  You had to tear something and you had to recycle something. 

 
I distressed all the papers.  I tore the edges of the two papers under the photos and my blue circle is recycled from Bo Bunny packaging.  I had fun adding stitching to this layout.  I actually really like to hand sew stuff.  I don't know why I don't do it more often.  I'm sure it has something to do with having the time to do it.  I used to cross stitch all the time before I had children. But that is such a time consuming craft.
 
Anyway, I'm happy with how it turned out.  What do you think?
 
I also have a card to share with you.  I'm have been taking an online class, from Onlinecardclasses.com, which you probably know if you follow me regularly.  And our homework for day 9 was to" add texture to your next card".  Here is my take on that challenge.
 
 
I tried to add texture on this card in two ways. One way was that I dry embossed the pink paper using my Darice - Floral Frenzy embossing folder. Sheena Douglass recently came out with some really great new stamps in her A Little Bit Sketchy collection and I just had to use one of the flower stamps from her Always Floral stamp set.  I stamped out my flowers onto some patterned paper and fussy cut them out. And the second way I added texture was by using my double sided adhesive squares to pop those flowers up off the card.  I really love the simplicity and dimension.  
 
 
Today I was lucky enough to get to spend the whole day watching my daughter play lacrosse.  Her team hosted a tournament and the girls played in 3 different games.  It was cold and windy but that didn't stop them from doing their best and ending their season on a high note. 
 
My boys start their lacrosse season in two weeks.  So I get one week "off" before we start having two games a week in addition to practice 3 days a week.  Lacrosse 5 nights a week...sigh...I hate to say it but I'm tired of lacrosse already just thinking of all of that!! LOL   Don't tell my kids! 
 
Does anyone else watch Walking Dead??!  ONE MORE DAY!!!  WOO HOO!  Let the countdown begin... (if you don't watch then you won't know that new episodes start back up tomorrow) hehehe
 
Well we are having family movie night - Hotel Transylvania so I'm going to end here and go join in the fun.  Thanks for stopping by and looking today.
 
Until next time...happy scrapping!
 
Stacy

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this lay-out!! The paper is amazing and all your details! Awesome!! Super sweet card too!!
    Happy Weekend the countdown is here!! I cannot believe in 24 hours we will be watching Walking Dead!! EEK! ( Yes I agree it is sad that this is the most interesting/important/priority in my life right now! )
    I am still sick, bummer out about it but muddling through. I am going to prepare as much tonight and tomorrow morning so my attention can be 100% on TWD. I want to craft but I'm just not up to it yet. Maybe by the beginning of the week!
    Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is gorgeous and somewhat bittersweet I'm sure! The card is really pretty, too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "layout" (lol) and your card. Congrats on getting to round 6.
    I think that your layout is one of my most favorite.....

    ReplyDelete