Monday, February 18, 2013

The Las Vegas Color Run

I had so much fun doing the Las Vegas Color Run this weekend with my best friend and 4 of our kids.  We really had a blast so of course I had to do a layout with one of the photos we took at the end.

 

I've been doing the So You Think You Can Scrap challenge at Colorful Creations and have made it to round 8 so here is the layout I made for this challenge.

The challenge this week is to use the sketch, use blue, red, yellow and green only (bright, primary ish colors), hand sew, mist, and fussy cut.

I followed the sketch and I used all 4 colors. I misted the yellow paper on the upper right hand side with yellow Jingle Bells Glimmer Mist but since it didn't show up very well I also misted the whole layout with Iridescent Spray and Sparkle (love this stuff!!!).

here is the back of the layout
 

Here is a little tip that is a super simple idea but saves you a ton of paper.  When you are layering paper on a layout (or card) you can cut out the middle of the paper that is the bottom layer.  It is easy to just measure in about an inch or however much works for your project and then cut it out with  your paper trimmer.  You then can adhere the paper on top and no one will even know that the middle is missing from your bottom paper. 

 

For my fussy cutting, I stamped out two flowers from the Stamp It Holiday-Poinsettia stamp with Paris Dusk Memento ink onto red card stock and then fussy cut them out.  Next I layered them offset on my layout using double sided adhesive squares to adhere one of them a bit higher than the other one.  I also stamped out a swirl from the Sheena A Little Bit Scenic - Flying Colors stamp set with the same ink onto blue card stock and fussy cut it out too.  I also used the double sided adhesive squares to adhere it to my layout.

Fingers crossed I make it to round 9!! lol  I am also entering it in the Anything But a Card Challenge at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

My BFF and her family left to drive back home this morning.  I'm going to miss them.  It was a great weekend.  I hope you had a good weekend too.  Thanks for visiting.

Until next time...happy scrapping!

Stacy

7 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy, what a happy layout! Love those birght colours and I really like the effect of your running stitch! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job! I love the embossing on the yellow really makes it all pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! Love all the fun colors on this and the great stitching! Sounds like you all had a great time! OMG WD was freakin' amazing!! I spent most of today reviewing blog posts and thoughts about it then going back and forth via text with my Son discussing every detail! I cannot wait until next Sunday! My Birthday was fun, I received mostly running stuff. And now I am just another 40 year old LOL.
    My girls are so busy at school the next 2 weeks are going to be a blur. I am just taking it day by day checking them off on the calendar, quietly patting myself on the back that I made it thru the day. I have really only been able to craft my DT requirements and I am only caught up till next week so I need to kick in in gear and start crafting. My Darling finally caved and has agreed to build me a huge island in our (MY) craft room. I am pretty excited about it. I am looking forward to spreading out and not crafting on a 10x10 in cleared spot on my counter!
    I changed my running blog too, it is now
    http://arunningbee.blogspot.com/
    You will have to come over and re-follow me over there! How was your time of the 5k??
    Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful LO!!
    Love the embossing and all the layers!
    Sounds like a fun weekend!!
    Good luck on that challenge!
    WTG on making the top 10!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful LO and how great you are for joining this event! Thanks for playing along with The Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your layout turned out! The embossing and stitching rock. We sure had fun last weekend. Went by way too fast though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great entry for my "Anything But a Card". Thanks for sharing at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

    ReplyDelete