Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm Back!




Hey guys,

I'm back!! I've been back since Friday night but had so many preloaded posts (just in case...) that I was waiting until now to add a "live" post. ha
I got busy and did some scrapping yesterday and made this layout. I combined the sketch challenge at Sketches in Thyme with 2 color challenges at Sketches4you. (Christy's and Fia's)
This was fun to make. I love the colors in the papers I used. And I used a new sewing hole punch stencil which was super easy to use and made hand sewing on the layout easy as pie. I used the simplest stencil but I am sure the more complicated ones will be easy too.
I have been trying to make a few layouts to commemorate my husbands 25 year anniversary at his job. Here is my second attempt. He liked it.
This morning my 4 year old has summer school so we got up at 6am (yikes) and my husband and mother in law are both flying away. My mother in law is going home and my husband is off on a business trip. So just me and the 5 little monsters this week! (jk - lol) Wish me luck!!

9 comments:

  1. Good luck flying solo with the 5 of them...you will need all the luck you can get LOL ;) Nice layout, love the colors and the edges of the journal block! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout Stacy, great job on the sketch challenge.

    I have a little something for you, can you go to my blog to check it out http://letsgetscraphappy.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-buddy-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout! I love that you combined the two challenges!!! YOu did a terrific job on the sketch this week at Sketches in Thyme!
    Thanks for joining us!!!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout worked out great with this sketch, and fun colors sweetie.
    Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layout!! Great sketch...and great interpretation!

    Wow - 25 years at one job......that would be a record for me! LOL!!! (I've never stayed at a job longer than 4 years!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would have been 30 years but he left for a couple of years to join a start up in San Francisco. But when he went back he had them give him his years back (lol). Amazing isn't it??!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful.Thanks for playing with us at Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your layout! Such a wonderful event to scrap and I love the stitching you did! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to your husband!! And you scrapped it beautifully!!! Love the colors!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme!!

    ReplyDelete