Friday, July 30, 2010

Scraplifting!!




Happy Friday! I was busy this morning working on these two layouts for Sketches4you.
They are both from a challenge that Fia has going on that is to Scraplift a layout from the gallery at S4U and then give the original person some scrappy love and say why you picked their layout. Well, I couldn't just pick one. There are so many awesome layouts it was hard to narrow it to two!!!
I stole from Christy her Chasing Daddy lo and turned it into my Shanggao Sisters lo. They aren't sister in blood but are both adopted from the same place at the same time. I just couldn't resist that sun! And she really made it look fun and appealing to try to recapture.
I stole From Sharon her Scrapbook Kitty lo, which you need to go look at and dig on her cute cat! lol I turned it into my Beautiful Brown Eyes lo of my son, Riley. I was so drawn to all the detail on this layout especially the mosaic photo tag. I added a few elements like the stitching on the folded paper and couldn't resist adding one of my mom's crocheted flowers!
I just love those flowers and have a hard time making myself use them (in case I don't do them justice!) ha I also keep trying to get her to make me a ton of them in white because then I could change them up in a million ways. But she gets bored only doing white! lol
Anyway, the challenge is ongoing at Sketches4you so you should go join in and rack up the final Scrap Girl of the Month points!! (and a RAK) And if you don't win this month don't fret because Fia will be having the Scrap Girl of The Month contest next month too.
I also want to give a little scrappy love to my friend, Denise, who just joined me on the Sketches4you Design Team!! Denise is the best! And it is going to be so much fun!!!!!!!!! I really can't hardly wait until August 1st!!
One of the first things she has done is start an Ink Challenge Group. And with everybody on the Tim Holtz bandwagon...who doesn't like to play with INK!!?? This will be a spectacularly fun and current challenge to do twice a month. So come and check it out!
I hope you all have fun weekends!
Stacy H-W




3 comments:

  1. Wow, Shanggao Sisters brought back sooo many memories!!!!! Brought tears to my eyes thinking about what a wonderful time that was! Riley does have the sweetest eyes in his layout. Great picture of him :))) Thanks for all the bloggy love. Hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy!!

    Just wanted to stop over and send you a big congrats. You are the GRAND PRIZE winner over at Digital Delights Blogiversary hop. All prize details are listed on our blog today!!
    Contact me at marwhall@sbcglobal.net so we can arrange to get your goodies to you!!
    Hugs
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LOs Stacy! And, congrats on your win at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete