Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summertime Fun!!



Our summer vacation in Oklahoma has been fun and the time here is winding down. One child goes home with a grandparent tomorrow (summer school) and 2 more fly home with Daddy the following week on Sunday and then the last two kids, dogs, stuff and me drive home.

And even though it has been a lovely trip I am looking forward to getting back into my regular crafting space and normal routine. I just haven't been as creative here as I like to be.

However, I did get to make a nice layout today. It was based on a sketch from Let's Scrap! (love that site!!! Awesome sketches, great challenges and fun girls participating.).

I have been trying to do some of the other challenges from the fabulous DT at Sketches4you and this covers a couple of them.

Sharon posted her monthly recipe challenge for July and it was to use primarily Red, White and Blue, to use a ribbon and to use a star.....well I think I have that covered! lol

Christy has a couple of challenges this month. One is from her "Toolbox" and it is to make this star (check out her link to the tutorial) and she also has a "Must Haves" list challenge and I used 3 ideas off of her must haves July list. 1) make a firework, 2) take a picture of a firework and 3) scrap a tradition. (we always go to the parade and college fireworks display on the fourth)

I had a great time today making this and I hope I didn't go too crazy with all the stars!! This lo definitely doesn't have much "white" space!! lol

I hope you are having a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try again to post a comment.
    I love love this lay out.. I hope that is what you call it, but you know what I am talking about....GREAT JOB.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout rocks! Love the 3-d stars and the white pen journaling and drawing.

    ReplyDelete